0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    LDG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuckin phone
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    LDG
    No wonder Indians are taking all the white people jobs..
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    I dunno, call centres don't offer the best career progression.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    They're rubbish but they sure are cheap.

Poverty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_Saville View Post
    Absolutely, we were slaughtered for giving back as good as we got. I'm not trying to defend shitkickers like Shawcross, or the poxy FA and media that allow the game to descend into a brawl and then pretends we have the best league in the world. All I was saying is we did get a bit pansy and for a while there it was a fair point, we didn't fancy the rough stuff which is part and parcel of this league. The OTT stuff by the likes of Shawcross, that's shit by any standard. The fucker can't defend at all, he fouls and gets away with it and that's his whole game. He fouled Bif 20 times on Saturday, at least. And the ref decided to ignore the rules. We've suffered this for season after season, likely all based on those conceptions fuelled by the media. You see Alexis get kicked into a dugout, Debuchy have his career here ruined, and then Gabriel gets sent off for what? The whole concept of violence and foul play is bizarre as the rules stand. No sportsmanship any more, just gamesmanship.
    No, I know you're not Honestly, I don't think you'll find (m)any Arsenal fans who didn't prefer it when we had that nasty edge, and could intimidate other sides just by lining up against them in the tunnel - it's just a question of it being a fair fight. As I said, I'm more than happy to give as good as we get again, if the FA are happy to let us all just get on with it. Or I'm happy for everyone to try and play fair, and for the same zero-tolerance approach to be applied to anything OTT. But what we can't have is what ended up happening, where we had that ability to stand up for ourselves ruthlessly stamped out of us by the FA, while our opponents were allowed to carry on regardless?! Put everyone in the same boat, one way or the other, but don't just chuck us in the ring with our hands tied behind our back - that's BS...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This time last year we were 6th on 39 points, 14 point behind Chelsea where as this season we are top on 44 points. You can argue it either way, We have improved on the points tally but the league in general has gone down a level or two.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The league seems to have generally become more competitive too, you don't have the huge gap between the top few and 'the rest' you often get.
    Either way it doesn't diminish the achievement of whoever wins the league. One could argue it enhances it - back in the day we only had to finish above Utd, now we have to finish above a few teams who are title contenders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    The league seems to have generally become more competitive too, you don't have the huge gap between the top few and 'the rest' you often get.
    Either way it doesn't diminish the achievement of whoever wins the league. One could argue it enhances it - back in the day we only had to finish above Utd, now we have to finish above a few teams who are title contenders.
    I think it's more than the top teams aren't as good, they use to dispatch the lower teams without too many problems when they were very good, the top teams just aren't as competitive which also explains why were top despite not even having played that well.

It's one of those seasons where you don't need to be anything special to win the league, just like Man U in Fergusons last season, won the title but weren't a great team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You still need to be better than everyone else, and if the league is more competitive (either because the top teams are worse or the lower teams are better, it doesn't matter which) then that makes it harder to win as more teams have a credible chance.