User Tag List

Page 35 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Players Views

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas has spoken of his desire to one day play for Arsenal again.

The Spanish international left the Emirates Stadium in the summer after a protracted transfer saga involving the Gunners and the club where he first began his career.

The 24-year-old eventually joined the European champions for an initial fee of £25 million, but says that leaving north London was a deeply emotional time for him.

"If I have to leave Barcelona, I will go back to Arsenal - I would like to," Fabregas told Sky Sports News. "I am not embarrassed to say that the day I left I could only say 'Thank you very much', I couldn't say more.

"I'm not embarrassed to say that I nearly cried. Arsene Wenger, I have never met someone that loyal. He is one of the best, I really believe that."
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/...ill-go-back-to

We dont need you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched the SSN interview, thought he was quite honest about what happened last season. He wasn't sugar coating anything or saying things to appease us.

Good luck to him anyway.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 26-12-2011 at 12:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would dind it difficult to get in the current time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    So all the time he was with us, he kept bleating on about how he'd love to be at barca.

Now he is with Barca he is bleating on about how he'd love to play for us.

go on Jack and song put a shirt on him and tweet about how much he should join us.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ray Parlour says there is “no chance” Arsenal will win the Premier League this season after their 1-1 draw with Wolves on Tuesday.
    The Gunners sit 12 points behind Manchester City and Manchester United after the frustrating stalemate at the Emirates and Parlour claims the title is now out of his former club’s reach.
    “They have been playing well but they have got no chance of winning the league, Arsenal, being realistic about it,” he said.

Parlour believes Arsenal’s fierce rivals Spurs, however, are serious title contenders after their victory over Norwich tightened their grip on third place.
    “Come April, if they are up there, they have got a great chance of winning it Spurs, no doubt about it,” he added.
    “From Arsenal’s point of view, it’s now top four. For me, Arsenal can’t win the league but top four is vital to be in that Champions League.”
    http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-ne...have-no-chance

Cant disagree with that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post

Give him a blue peter badge for stating the obvious.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal goalkeeping legend Bob Wilson has backed the club's potential loan signing of Thierry Henry, insisting that a return to the Emirates Stadium would help inspire Robin van Persie.

The New York Red Bulls star has been linked with a two-month loan deal with the Gunners and Wilson believes the club cannot afford to miss out.

He told lbc97.3: "I don't think Arsenal can lose out. I think it would be a great thing that Thierry would be there. I think also it would be a little bit of an inspiration to Van Persie.

"You only have to see the guys at the training ground when Thierry walks in. It sort of lifts spirits everywhere, because he's such a level-headed guy with an extraordinary record.

"I think that whereas with Vieria, Arsene thought, 'No, I don't want to risk [it at his] age' I don't think he would lose any status.

"People are saying, 'You don't want to lose legendary status.' Well, everybody knows why he's there.

"And in the same way that Wenger brought back Lehmann as a goalkeeper with his legendary status as a player in the 49 games they went unbeaten, I think it would be a huge lift for the fans.

"They need cover at this moment in time. I think it would be a good call."

Wilson also believes Liverpool's greatest managers would be disappointed by the way the club has handled the Luis Suarez racism case.

The striker has been banned for eight games following the use of racist language towards Manchester United defender Patrice Evra.

But manager Kenny Dalglish and the rest of the squad, including the Uruguayan himself, wore t-shirts with the striker's name on the back in support as the club felt let down by the FA after the sanction was announced.

Wilson added: "Okay, you support your man. But I think Shankly and Fagan and Paisley - at this moment - would be saying, 'You got it wrong, guys. That is really not what Liverpool Football Club should be doing.'

"Liverpool like Arsenal had a way of doing things. All I would say is that they should never have gone down the road of those t-shirts."
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...thierry-henry-

Its a shame no one is looking at the bigger picture here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we all know we have no chance of winning the league we all knew this before the season started we have good players but not the experience which Wenger eventually brought in (bit too late mind but still) the most we can look at is 4th place because lets be fare we are not going to win the champions league and for Parlour to even think the spuds can win the league he must be in contact with Merson and smoking the shit he did... Yes they have been playing well resently but they don't have in it them to win it outright it will be a straight battle between Surrey Utd and the Arab globe trotters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob Wilson's views should go in the Mindless Optimism thread tbf.

What a man .

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Former Arsenal midfielder Paul Davis has welcomed the prospective return of Thierry Henry to the Emirates and is certain the former French international will bolster the Gunners on and off the field.

Davis is adamant the former Arsenal skipper will bolster Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger’s push for a place in the top four of the Premier League if he agrees a two-month deal, because of the example he will set to younger players and his overall footballing ability.

“To have a player of Thierry Henry’s stature coming back to Arsenal is fantastic for the players that are there and it’s great for the club as a whole even if it is just for two months,” Davis told Goal.com.

“It’s a great idea. It could be a win-win situation and I see no reason why it shouldn’t work out well. He is a fantastic character to have around the place both on and off the field. He is a fabulous role model, especially for the younger players that wouldn’t have got to play with him but will have heard so much about him and what he did for the club.

“His personality and the way he conducts himself mean that it will be great for players likes Jack Wilshere and Aaron Ramsey to have him around and [for] Robin van Persie and Theo Walcott, who will know him from his first spell.

“Because he is so experienced, Thierry will be able to show them the path forward and that has got to benefit the club. I can’t think of a better person to have around a group of young players than someone like Thierry Henry.

“It is all a big plus for me. To have someone like him around is a bonus.

“Having him around will really boost the chances of Arsenal finishing in the top four of the Premier League at the end of the season.

“What makes his so special, apart from his footballing ability which is there for everyone to see is his character.”

Davis, who made 447 appearances and scored 37 times for Arsenal between 1978 and 1995, is optimistic that Henry, who left Arsenal for Barcelona in 2007, still has what it takes to have a positive impact in the Premier League following a season of Major League Soccer in the United States with New York Red Bulls.

“Even if he is not at his very best as we saw when he was at Arsenal and then Barcelona, there can be no doubting that he has the skill, the pace and the all-round ability to do well for the club,” added Davis.

“I don’t know how fit he is but the manager and the coaching staff must feel that he is up to the appropriate level. No-one should doubt the manager’s judgement so there is no better person to come in than Thierry.

“The hardest thing will be actually playing in the games. I don’t know how easy it will be for him to fit back into things after being away for so long and spending the last season in America.

“It will be interesting to see if he can keep up with the pace of the Premier League now he is 34 but I wouldn’t bet against him having a really positive impact. He has that much quality – it’s just a matter of him getting up to the speed of the Premier League again."

Henry helped Arsenal win two Premier League titles and three FA Cups and remains Arsenal’s leading goalscorer with 226 goals in 370 games.

Davis, who is currently working for the Professional Footballers’ Association's coaching department, is confident that Henry's reputation will not be tarnished by his return.

“He is one of the best players that the Premier League has ever seen and if the manager does go ahead and offer him a deal it will be because he has seen enough when Thierry has been training with the rest of the squad,” said Davis.

“To come back and pick it all up again when he is four years older will be a challenge for him, I think, but there’s no way he will spoil the memories of Arsenal fans who used to worship him for the amazing things he did at the club.

“The interesting thing will be how he adapts to playing, whether that be from the start or whether he is used as an impact player from the bench, and whether he can create performances that will yield goals or create goalscoring chances.

"Ultimately, that is how this temporary spell will be judged. We will have to wait and see how much of a difference he can make out there on the pitch but off it he will do a fantastic job for the club."
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...fect-player-to