User Tag List

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal vs Brighton (31/08/2024|12.30)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    https://x.com/ctt_carys/status/18299...5nKNIY1AZaWvQw

So no yellow given here but PGMOL will argue rice was right decision because it’s the law.

They just simply make it up each game as to which laws they will apply and when

The biggest problem for me, is that the Brighton player looks to take the freekick 10 yards further than where the foul was given.

If the freekick isn’t being taken from the right place, he can’t be delaying the restart, because he’s walked away from where the incident occurred, and its only the Brighton player chucking the ball at him that brings Rice back into the situation.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    The biggest problem for me, is that the Brighton player looks to take the freekick 10 yards further than where the foul was given.

If the freekick isn’t being taken from the right place, he can’t be delaying the restart, because he’s walked away from where the incident occurred, and its only the Brighton player chucking the ball at him that brings Rice back into the situation.
    All ends up, it’s a complete fuck face of a decision for the referee to make

I don’t believe in all the conspiracy cobblers, but same time I wouldn’t be against demanding that our games are no longer officiated by a referee from the greater Manchester area

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post

Exactly. It’s another case of a red card that only will be given to Arsenal. Other examples include the Xhaka red card for a professional foul that was never given as a red to anyone else, the martenilli double yellow (made even worse by Michael Oliver being the referee and then not sending kovacic off last year for two clear yellows) and the Tomiyasu red against palace last year.

None of those incidents have been given as a red card to anyone else

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    All ends up, it’s a complete fuck face of a decision for the referee to make

I don’t believe in all the conspiracy cobblers, but same time I wouldn’t be against demanding that our games are no longer officiated by a referee from the greater Manchester area
    I don't really buy into all either but we've got Anthony Taylor for our game against United today. He just happens to support Altrincham. Just looked, your ref yesterday supports Droylsden

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're clever. The cheat at the start of the season, not the end. Those two points won for City (or whoever was paying him) will probably be vital in the run in. But if you cheated at the end it would be obvious enough even for the Norman's who bleat - "It's in the rules!". The red card was introduced to punish violent conduct. Now it is used to satiate egomaniacal officials or facilitate pay-offs to same officials. You get a free kick for diving and a red card for Celebrating a goal. More of the same general insanity that has infected the world on every level. That ref shoud be sent down and investigating for taking bribes. Same shit happened at the start of last season and the season before that. Remind me, how many points did we finish behind the arabs last season? And how many points did refs win for them? Pretending this isn't a thing is fine, if you want to do that. But you have to ignore the pattern in the process of denial.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I don't really care and didn't watch the match. But it really fucking irks me that scumbags who pull obvious shit right in front of our eyes expect us to be so stupid we won't notice. Only half of us are that stupid FFS!
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TBH, after what occured this weekend, i'st hard to argue the game isn't bent and we are all just dancing to a despicable tune.

To think its been so difficult for everyone (and I especially mean past professionals) to agree that the decision deserves nothing but contempt makes me wonder what's going on in footballdom.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    TBH, after what occured this weekend, i'st hard to argue the game isn't bent.
    I like to think it's more incompetence than corruption.
    Every club thinks that refs are uniquely biased against them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Kavanagh is weak, both Veltman and Welbeck as well as other Brighton players were yelling at him to send Rice off.

If there was a conspiracy I think it was amongst Brighton players and their coach to get either Rice or Partey sent off. Can imagine it was a subject of discussion in the dressing room at half time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyway have we had Dermot Gallagher come on to do his bit for PGMOL?