Page 102 of 173 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1722

Thread: Summer Transfer Shit and Everything Else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KSE Comedy Club View Post
    Massively overpaying for Caicedo, quite how Brighton managed to get that for him is a miracle
    You’re honestly saying that after we paid 105 million for Rice?

Given that Caicedo is objectively miles better than Rice, I think in a relative sense it can be seen as a bargain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post

Given that Caicedo is objectively miles better than Rice, I think in a relative sense it can be seen as a bargain
    This

Losing out on Caicedo is gutting, Liverpool v Citeh for the title now, no question

But agreed on Chelsea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Seems like he’s agreed the move.

Spurs.
    Intellectually Kane is pretty much a retard but even he has finally worked out - admittedly after 19 years - that he'll never win anything at Spuds

Maybe we can convince Spuds to get Eddie as a replacement
    Last edited by Mac76; 11-08-2023 at 08:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Intellectually Kane is pretty mich a retard but even he has finally worked out - admittedly after 19 years - that he'll never win anything at Spuds

Maybe we can convince Spuds to get Eddie as a replacement
    How his misanthrope mind going to grasp a foreign language is beyond me. Almost 30 years and he can barely speak English lucidly. He is an Einstein on the football pitch, Ill give him that. Hopefully those powers are waning now and he will return to England in 3 years to play for Fulham.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    This

Losing out on Caicedo is gutting, Liverpool v Citeh for the title now, no question

But agreed on Chelsea

Wouldn’t go that far, liverpools defence is still a drag factor and Nunez and Gakpo are still a downgrade on Firminho and Mane (and I don’t even rate Firminho)

It’s just that they aren’t as completely fucked as they were when they looked like they were going into the season with TAA in midfield.

How much did they spend on McAlllister? An Argentine Aaron Ramsey. They have more chance of top four now but don’t see a title challenge…Salah drops off form too much for that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    How his misanthrope mind going to grasp a foreign language is beyond me. Almost 30 years and he can barely speak English lucidly. He is an Einstein on the football pitch, Ill give him that. Hopefully those powers are waning now and he will return to England in 3 years to play for Fulham.
    Misanthrope means seeing no value in other people

It would be easier to call him a simpleton

I think he must be retarded, he makes Smith Rowe seem like an intellectual powerhouse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn’t go that far, liverpools defence is still a drag factor and Nunez and Gakpo are still a downgrade on Firminho and Mane (and I don’t even rate Firminho)

It’s just that they aren’t as completely fucked as they were when they looked like they were going into the season with TAA in midfield.

How much did they spend on McAlllister? An Argentine Aaron Ramsey. They have more chance of top four now but don’t see a title challenge…Salah drops off form too much for that
    OK, so maybe saying it's a Citeh-Liverpool race is pushing the envelope a bit, but apparently Salah and Nunez have formed a pretty good partnership in pre-season, if that gets up and running early they'll be pretty dangerous and with Caicedo in there it will have them working exponentially better in midfield

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misanthrope means seeing no value in other people

It would be easier to call him a simpleton

I think he must be retarded, he makes Smith Rowe seem like an intellectual powerhouse
    The difference is, Harry doesn't talk GANGSTA MAN!

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rice has 5 years PL experience and is english so that justifies his price tag.

Caicedo was in the prem for 6 months.

£60-80m was more than fair price for him, going over £100m is too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KSE Comedy Club View Post
    Rice has 5 years PL experience and is english so that justifies his price tag.

Caicedo was in the prem for 6 months.

£60-80m was more than fair price for him, going over £100m is too much.
    Mustafi had more than 5 years PL experience when we finally got rid of him but noone would pay £100m for him...

There is an English tax, true but still Caicedo is as HCZ says the demonstrably better player and I'd have been much happier if we'd bought Caicedo for £100m

Tbh we should have not bought Havertz or Raya and instead got both Rice and Caicedo, given where Rice is being played it would probably work pretty well
    Last edited by Mac76; 11-08-2023 at 07:03 PM.