User Tag List

Page 1052 of 1060 FirstFirst ... 525529521002104210501051105210531054 ... LastLast
Results 10,511 to 10,520 of 10599

Thread: Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Benzema's a fraud player

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermind84 View Post
    Benzema's a fraud player
    Nearly a 1 in 2 goal ratio for Madrid. What's fraud about him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    To be honest I don't really expect another hollywood A-list signing in January so if Llorente came in in January I would be pleasantly surprised. I'm not overly keen on watching Bendtner too many times or the painfully slow progression of Sanogo.

It also comes down to price. If we spent a large sum on Llorente I'd be surprised and a little underwhelmed but if it was for a relatively low fee I'd feel good about it.....although I'm not sure why the fee would be particularly low.
    Yeah, can't see Juventus accepting a low fee - he's only just signed for them? Although, that being said, they did get him on a free, so I suppose any kind of fee would represent pure profit for them? Just a question of how much they want.

I still think we should be aiming higher, if we're looking for a permanent option though - at the very least we should be looking for someone younger, if we're going to be spending big-money.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rather get Suarez mainly, if not then Lewandowski, and if not then Benzema.

Think Dortmund would sell to us rather than Bayern if we offered the monies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    Nearly a 1 in 2 goal ratio for Madrid. What's fraud about him?
    He's always seemed like the French Wayne Rooney to me - capable of inspired periods of form, but also prone to slumps and dips in confidence that can take him a while to shake. Maybe all he needs is a more stable, slightly less competitive environment though, where he feels a little more wanted and that he's actually been brought in with a plan in mind (rather than being just another big-name player who's been signed for the sake of it)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    Rather get Suarez mainly, if not then Lewandowski, and if not then Benzema.

Think Dortmund would sell to us rather than Bayern if we offered the monies.
    Lewandowski would be ideal, but I still think he's Bayern-bound - I know what he's said recently about being interested in the PL, but if you ask me that sounds like him and his agent trying to get Bayern worried, so they can squeeze every penny they can out of them when they come to negotiate in January...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    He's always seemed like the French Wayne Rooney to me - capable of inspired periods of form, but also prone to slumps and dips in confidence that can take him a while to shake. Maybe all he needs is a more stable, slightly less competitive environment though, where he feels a little more wanted and that he's actually been brought in with a plan in mind (rather than being just another big-name player who's been signed for the sake of it)?
    I think he's a top player and as we need top strikers, he would fit the bill almost perfectly.

Also, people shouldn't underestimate the Ozil effect; players will see that he has come here, flourished and is being loved week in week out, so will want the same. The Benzema-Rooney comparison is actually a pretty good one. When has Rooney's best form always been? When he was loved at Man Utd. I think Benzema would find the affection he wants here so would be a brilliant player for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    I think he's a top player and as we need top strikers, he would fit the bill almost perfectly.

Also, people shouldn't underestimate the Ozil effect; players will see that he has come here, flourished and is being loved week in week out, so will want the same. The Benzema-Rooney comparison is actually a pretty good one. When has Rooney's best form always been? When he was loved at Man Utd. I think Benzema would find the affection he wants here so would be a brilliant player for us.
    I don't think 2 French players vying for essentially the same position in a WC year would work. We don't play 2 strikers anymore, so only grief could come from signing Benzema. Pity though, he would be awesome for us and if we don't, the Potatoes down the lane will have their mits all over him.
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 14-10-2013 at 06:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Benzema agreed to come then I can't see what the issue would be. Giroud himself implored the club to sign players in the summer when our number 1 target was a forward. Furthermore he said he would welcome Suarez here too, who is comfortably better than himself and probably Benzema too.

If you want to win things in the game today, you've got to have good players on your bench. It is a by-product of a squad that is actually strong enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger on German players....

At the moment Germany produces top-quality players. Look at their national team, it’s a bit like Spain was two or three years ago. Suddenly they have Gotze, Draxler, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Ozil, Podolski. They have two or three players in every position.

I get the feeling the Wenger really fancies Draxler. It is probably reading too much into it, but he could have named Reus above but didn't, but he did name Draxler which I think is interesting as he has only really started to emerge and still has a lot to prove.

I think it is more an admission of his regard for Draxler rather than a snub to Reus to be clear. I'm sure he thinks Reus is a good player too!