User Tag List

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal vs Brighton (31/08/2024|12.30)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I think Kavanagh is weak, both Veltman and Welbeck as well as other Brighton players were yelling at him to send Rice off.

If there was a conspiracy I think it was amongst Brighton players and their coach to get either Rice or Partey sent off. Can imagine it was a subject of discussion in the dressing room at half time
    There wasn't a conspiracy, it was just typical on-the-spot cheating by Brighton (for whom you could substitute any team playing against us, because they know they will get away with it every time) which the ref just let go but punished Arsenal for everythig - no change there then...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    There wasn't a conspiracy, it was just typical on-the-spot cheating by Brighton (for whom you could substitute any team playing against us, because they know they will get away with it every time) which the ref just let go but punished Arsenal for everythig - no change there then...
    Maybe, I wouldn’t have put it past that dickhead of a coach of theirs to suggest it as a possible tactic. Clear red card?, fuck off you cunt…maybe don’t comment when you’ve never played the game beyond a semi professional level

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't even think it's cheating, it's fairly standard gamesmanship. A player's on a yellow, see if you can rile them up, get a reaction and get the man advantage. Rice didn't even fall for it, he just flicked the ball away and the bellend of a ref decided to be officious rather than using some common sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I don't even think it's cheating, it's fairly standard gamesmanship. A player's on a yellow, see if you can rile them up, get a reaction and get the man advantage. Rice didn't even fall for it, he just flicked the ball away and the bellend of a ref decided to be officious rather than using some common sense.
    Well it’s not cheating in the sense that it’s illegal, but it’s horribly cynical behaviour. I knew Brighton could be a bit of a tough nut to crack, but that’s really the lowest of the low.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Common Sense and Refereeing don’t go hand in hand according to Dermot Gallagher

Better to arbitrarily impose rules, and blame the player for having his back to someone who kicks the ball at them

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon they all do this sort of stuff. Was it Ben White trolling the Spurs' keeper in the NLD last year trying to undo his gloves or something?
    I have no issue with that sort of thing, I do have an issue with terrible officiating with no consequence which we see week-in, week-out in the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I reckon they all do this sort of stuff. Was it Ben White trolling the Spurs' keeper in the NLD last year trying to undo his gloves or something?
    I have no issue with that sort of thing, I do have an issue with terrible officiating with no consequence which we see week-in, week-out in the game.
    Shit housing is a little different to getting a player sent off because you don’t think you can get a result 11 vs 11

It’s appalling scumbag behaviour. Veltman should be ashamed of himself

Brighton and their Cunt manager can fuck off. Hope they lose every game between now and end of the season

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Trossard was good and if Odegaard had got his timing right he'd have had an excellent assist yesterday
    Yes on that one occasion in the game he was good, but after that where did he go?

I get that our one attacking tactic is pass the ball around a million times on the right wing, but when he did get on the ball he was often dispossessed or shied away from making any attacking runs.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    They're clever. The cheat at the start of the season, not the end. Those two points won for City (or whoever was paying him) will probably be vital in the run in. But if you cheated at the end it would be obvious enough even for the Norman's who bleat - "It's in the rules!". The red card was introduced to punish violent conduct. Now it is used to satiate egomaniacal officials or facilitate pay-offs to same officials. You get a free kick for diving and a red card for Celebrating a goal. More of the same general insanity that has infected the world on every level. That ref shoud be sent down and investigating for taking bribes. Same shit happened at the start of last season and the season before that. Remind me, how many points did we finish behind the arabs last season? And how many points did refs win for them? Pretending this isn't a thing is fine, if you want to do that. But you have to ignore the pattern in the process of denial.
    Exactly this.

The 'letter of the law' is applied selectively, when it suits.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Shit housing is a little different to getting a player sent off because you don’t think you can get a result 11 vs 11

It’s appalling scumbag behaviour. Veltman should be ashamed of himself

Brighton and their Cunt manager can fuck off. Hope they lose every game between now and end of the season
    Honestly, I see it as more shit housing. It's up to the referee to show a bit of common sense, book the player who is doing the shit housing.
    My ire is far more directed towards the referee in this instance. (I haven't seen the first yellow card, that may change my view)