User Tag List

Page 1112 of 3256 FirstFirst ... 1126121012106211021110111111121113111411221162121216122112 ... LastLast
Results 11,111 to 11,120 of 32554

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Japan Shaking All Over View Post
    Am actually looking to get into HR when I get back and do a bit of whatevertheydo
    Are you a member of the stone cutters also known as CIPD?
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Meeting with HR on Thursday at 12pm

Press conference at 2pm.
    Um why isn't your boss sorting it out, HR do what management tell them (unless it's an employment law thing), continuous service thing, you might "need a break" between contracts...

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Injury Time View Post
    Um why isn't your boss sorting it out, HR do what management tell them (unless it's an employment law thing), continuous service thing, you might "need a break" between contracts...
    Spoke to my boss at the start of the year, have had repeated assurances that a new 2 year contract would be forthcoming and it's HR dragging their heels.
    Last week I got in and was told they'd come back with some half-arsed 3 month offer so I've arranged a meeting to ask what the hell is going on.
    I'm not a contractor, never have been and don't want to be. But if they're going to treat me like one then they should pay me like one, right now they're asking me to take all the risk without any of the reward.

The projects I'm involved in are clearly going to go on over the next 2 years so whatever resourcing deliberations are going on they clearly need someone to work on them over the next 2 years.

The business are aware of the issue and are supposed to be talking to HR about it but I've not heard anything and my contract runs out on Friday so I decided to be pro-active.

It's a pretty shoddy way of treating people.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoke to my boss at the start of the year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suarez Is Boss View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoke to my boss at the start of the year, have had repeated assurances that a new 2 year contract would be forthcoming and it's HR dragging their heels.
    Last week I got in and was told they'd come back with some half-arsed 3 month offer so I've arranged a meeting to ask what the hell is going on.
    I'm not a contractor, never have been and don't want to be. But if they're going to treat me like one then they should pay me like one, right now they're asking me to take all the risk without any of the reward.

The projects I'm involved in are clearly going to go on over the next 2 years so whatever resourcing deliberations are going on they clearly need someone to work on them over the next 2 years.

The business are aware of the issue and are supposed to be talking to HR about it but I've not heard anything and my contract runs out on Friday so I decided to be pro-active.

It's a pretty shoddy way of treating people.
    You're not a contractor, but your contract runs out on Friday wut

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Injury Time View Post
    You're not a contractor, but your contract runs out on Friday wut
    Fixed term contract. Basically permanent but the contract has an end date.
    Not quite the same as being a contractor, if they don't renew then it's effectively a dismissal which would have to be justified but as they clearly need someone to do what I do and my performance has been fine and I definitely don't sit around pissing away time on the internet all day then there's no reason not to renew.
    A 3 month extension is a pretty pathetic offer though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suarez Is Boss View Post

Oompa-loompa doompady danned.
    If you keep on you'll find yourself banned.

IIP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fixed term contract. Basically permanent but the contract has an end date.
    Not quite the same as being a contractor, if they don't renew then it's effectively a dismissal which would have to be justified but as they clearly need someone to do what I do and my performance has been fine and I definitely don't sit around pissing away time on the internet all day then there's no reason not to renew.
    A 3 month extension is a pretty pathetic offer though.
    Did you nearly swerve off the road?