Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eric Garcia keen to leave Barca apparently https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foot...a8ef4e63&ei=21

doesn't feel like good news for Gabriel, after all losing Timber means we're no worse off for CBs than we were last season, but it feels like maybe he's falling foul of Arteta's obsession with everyone being able to play several positions - never mind that he's very good in his main one...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a nasty feeling it’s all about FFP. The Saudi window is open till the end of September and I think the club have told Arteta that if they get an offer they can’t refuse for Gabriel they will accept it. As I say a lot, ad nauseum in fact we’ve spent 600 million…and haven’t got much from player sales.

Smith Rowe, Gabriel may be sacrificed because we won’t get as much for the players we definitely don’t want.

The other possibility is that Captain Black wants defenders that are good on the ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rumours about Arsenal being interested in Victor Nelsson, a 24 year old Danish centre back who plays for Galatasaray.

What does this mean for Gabriel ?

Surely Gabriel, if he is still here, will be back starting when the transfer window is closed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    Rumours about Arsenal being interested in Victor Nelsson, a 24 year old Danish centre back who plays for Galatasaray.

What does this mean for Gabriel ?

Surely Gabriel, if he is still here, will be back starting when the transfer window is closed.

The transfer window closes in Europe, not Saudi Arabia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's pretty obvious now Arteta has decided he doesn't want Gabriel at the club, because of his obssession with flexible players and / or because Gabriel has made the mistake of rousing Arteta's insecurities by challenging him somehow

Arteta is literally destroying the team before our eyes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    It's pretty obvious now Arteta has decided he doesn't want Gabriel at the club, because of his obssession with flexible players and / or because Gabriel has made the mistake of rousing Arteta's insecurities by challenging him somehow

Do you ever feel silly when you use definitive terms like pretty obvious.

Should I read between the lines that pretty obvious means it suits my narrative

I’m not saying you’re definitely wrong, but have already given you an alternative explanation relating to FFP which is just as plausible given how much we’ve spent and how little we’ve recouped. We’ve knocked back approaches for Gabriel, we clearly want silly money for him if we are to sell him at all which fits my theory far better than yours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post

I think Gabriel will be fine. I think Arteta is just making a point here and it's not a long term thing. I seem to be in the minority, again, in thinking Gabriel's form has warranted being dropped multiple times throughout his time here. He's just very error prone. He had one in the charity shield, I think, and although didn't lead to anything it showed he's really not improving that brain fart weakness he has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    I think Gabriel will be fine. I think Arteta is just making a point here and it's not a long term thing. I seem to be in the minority, again, in thinking Gabriel's form has warranted being dropped multiple times throughout his time here. He's just very error prone. He had one in the charity shield, I think, and although didn't lead to anything it showed he's really not improving that brain fart weakness he has.
    I hope you're right but Arteta seems to be very binary about players, either they're a Xhaka or Zin who can never do anything wrong and are always on the team sheet, or they're pretty much pond life to him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post

I’m not saying you’re definitely wrong, but have already given you an alternative explanation relating to FFP which is just as plausible given how much we’ve spent and how little we’ve recouped. We’ve knocked back approaches for Gabriel, we clearly want silly money for him if we are to sell him at all which fits my theory far better than yours.
    they're not mutually exclusive, if it was a player Arteta wanted to keep we wouldn't be selling and the problem here is that Arteta is in a very small minority (possibly of one) who thinks Gabriel is someone we should sell

for example, if it was me I'd sell Zin - I know many wouldn't agree, but the point i'm making is I would sell Zin because i don't like him much as a player and think he detracts from our play, so perhaps Arteta thinks the same about Gabriel - but he's in such a small minority there that i think ki'm entitled to say he's wrong

the rest of us know how well he teams up with Saliba

frankly if we sell Gabriel to pay for Havertz that's the worst exchange ever