Page 123 of 956 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223623 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 9555

Thread: Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I would've preferred Cahill to Samba tbh. Samba's height and strength would definitely be welcome, and he'd definitely improve our defending at set pieces, but he's still susceptible to being dragged out of position and passing football. I know that it's imperative we sort out our "soft centre", but I think Cahill is a more all round defender, who will both address our Achilles’ heel which is defending aerial bombardments and be comfortable defending against other styles as well.
    Yup, I totally agree. I'm not totally sold on Samba, whilst he would be good for PL, I'm not sure how he will fare in CL.

It's all speculation at the mo but I sincerely hope we go for Cahill ahead of Samba.

I suspect if Arsene goes for Samba ahead of Cahill it's because he's cheaper.
    Last edited by selassie; 16-06-2011 at 02:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I suspect if Arsene goes for Samba ahead of Cahill it's because he's cheaper.
    I'm not so sure that will be the case. I think there is going to be a big change in approach, partly due to Kroenke taking over from the old brigade, partly because Gazidis seems to be saying in pretty clear terms that the collapse this year was not really acceptable - Wenger himself is talking about bigger changes when he would normally just do the 'if we see a player we need for the right price, we will buy, but we only need one or two.' He is not saying that this time round and I think the absence of such comments as he has made for the last few seasons speaks volumes. I am getting more and more convinced that we are going to see significant changes this time round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    I'm not so sure that will be the case. I think there is going to be a big change in approach, partly due to Kroenke taking over from the old brigade, partly because Gazidis seems to be saying in pretty clear terms that the collapse this year was not really acceptable - Wenger himself is talking about bigger changes when he would normally just do the 'if we see a player we need for the right price, we will buy, but we only need one or two.' He is not saying that this time round and I think the absence of such comments as he has made for the last few seasons speaks volumes. I am getting more and more convinced that we are going to see significant changes this time round.
    I hope so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Careful old man, you don't want to get too excited too early, you know what that leads to. I just hope that whoever we sign at CB has the same level of skill and pace as Willie Young.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Do you not think that it's just simply down to the way we play passy passy though.

I mean, the only route to goal we really look for, especially in the last part of the season, is the "eye of a needle" pass. Funny that our two wins from the last 11(?) were goals scored from getting in behind, and getting some width.

Logic would dictate switching to our old style of play. Getting the ball forward quicker and using Theo's only real redeeming quality. Pires/Henry/Ljungberg etc were masters at lovely passing, but the difference between then and now, was that the ball was always moved forward, not sideways.

Killer instinct is a problem....but that could be solved by AW just saying "fucking shoot when you get the chance".
    It is and there we have it in a nut shell.

Our problems be it defensive or offensive are not that diffuclt to fix for a half decent manager which unfortunately Wenger isnt anymore.

A simple "just shoot when you have the fucking chance" instruction might solve the killer instinct problem and a simple "hoof it you cunts" might solve the defensive side but can we really see Wenger doing that?

Cesc for all wonderful talent is a slow fucker. He needs to move the ball much quicker. Wilshere needs to be more offensive as well instead of the side passes he always does. We need to pick up the pace. Theo is our only fast player and he is nowhere near used enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Japan Shaking All Over
    good at free kicks but not a improvement on anything else we currently have........may throw his body on the line a bit more but will soon stop doing that once he sees no-one else does it!

so unless he comes for dirt cheap and is willing to be a bit part better to go for Baines as he has a knack for free kicks and would be a mark up on a departing Clichy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Looks like hes going to Sunderland cos he'll get more games there
    who are we to get in the way of a man with ambition

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/...is-summer-club

More shite from Barca.

This time from the president saying Cesc isnt worth as much as they offered last year.

Who the hell does he think he is saying how much our player is worth? Fucking hate that club and everything to do with them

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Samuel Eto'o wants to try his luck in England.

Must get.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Do you not think that it's just simply down to the way we play passy passy though.

I mean, the only route to goal we really look for, especially in the last part of the season, is the "eye of a needle" pass. Funny that our two wins from the last 11(?) were goals scored from getting in behind, and getting some width.

Logic would dictate switching to our old style of play. Getting the ball forward quicker and using Theo's only real redeeming quality. Pires/Henry/Ljungberg etc were masters at lovely passing, but the difference between then and now, was that the ball was always moved forward, not sideways.

Killer instinct is a problem....but that could be solved by AW just saying "fucking shoot when you get the chance".

I'll second that......they guys know where the goal is but seem to forget that they have to kick the round leather thing fairly hardish in the direction of the goal in such a way that the guy wering the oversize gloves does not stop it - that is something Defoe definitely has going for him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Samuel Eto'o wants to try his luck in England.

Must get.
    ohh that brings back memories seem to remember we were among the group clamouring for this guy last time the story was doing the rounds........Mario Balotelli was another, not sure bout him now tho???

Citeh will snap up Eto'o because they will be the only ones stupid enough to meet his wah=ge demands without batting an eyelid