User Tag List

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Match Reaction vs Liverpool (home, FA Cup).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbo View Post
    Well we're still above them in the league, still in the FA Cup and they have Suarez so if anything I'd say that puts Wenger in a good light.

Suarez is fucking amazing. He'd turn any of the top 8 teams into top 4 challengers.
    Hes an amazing player but an irremediable cheat. The spinnarooney he did in an attempt to win a second penalty was worthy of King Booker himself. Hilarious!

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing beats the Kanaroonie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dein-machine View Post
    A mixed reaction in the posts which is only to be expected after the week we've had. Don't think we should be applauding Wumger for the tactics, again it could have been game over in the first 10 mins. Thought Ozil had a better game but our only shinning light in real attacking play was Ox. At 2-1 we take him off!!! - which means had we conceded shortly after, we had no chance of winning the game. We will always allow teams to attack us when we play Arteta & Flamini, we sit far too deep.
    But the real concern is the fact that we are all talking about how good Liverpool are. And they are very good as an attacking team. This team has a relatively new manager & hasn't had the massive funds available like the Chavs & Mancs. In fact, they have probably had the same spending budget as us. Bearing in mind its been years since they were a serious threat to us or the top teams, it would seem to suggest that another manager is far less time than ours has had & with limited funds is able to put together a team that has outplayed us 2 weeks on the trot & is a joy to watch in an attacking sense.
    I could have sworn that I joined Goonersweb rather than Scousersweb?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    I could have sworn that I joined Goonersweb rather than Scousersweb?

No, I think you have come to the wrong place, we're just going through refurbishment but the contractor has put the wrong sign up bloody contractors!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Hes an amazing player but an irremediable cheat. The spinnarooney he did in an attempt to win a second penalty was worthy of King Booker himself. Hilarious!
    I think he thought he was just playing spin a win on the fruity, he got greedy though and lost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most enjoyable aspect of that game was after the final whistle. The feeling of relief that we got through the test after a rocky week was shared by everyone watching, both in the stadium and by those of us at home. I hate to say it but Andy Gray was spot on when he said that losing the two goal advantage would've been disastrous for the remainder of the season. That said, unless we find a way to start controlling games again soon, we can't continue to get away with scraping wins.

Oh and that should have been a second penalty for Liverpool but a combination of Webb bottling it because he awarded a penalty a short time before and Suarez's making the most of the contact, meant we got away with it. If that had been Agger checking Ox in the penalty area, we would expect a penalty. Luck is earned, not just given to you, so here's hoping that triggers a resurgence of confidence in the team now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    At one stage I thought he was going to launch himself into orbit!
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    At one stage I thought he was going to launch himself into orbit!
    He did
    somebody put something in my milk