User Tag List

Page 130 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1723

Thread: Summer Transfer Shit and Everything Else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    West Ham might buy Nelson, good for him if he gets more regular football and obvsnit also frees up some money for us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    West Ham might buy Nelson, good for him if he gets more regular football and obvsnit also frees up some money for us
    Agree. But still hope they have to pay far more than he’s worth….the way they behaved over Rice was a joke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the topic of player sales, strong link with a big money move for Smith Rowe to Fulham. Another player who is just not going to get the game time with us, I think in honesty he’s too good for Fulham but I couldn’t blame him wanting to get the game time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should sell ESR, Eddie and Nelson - Tavares and Lokonga are heading out the door already I think, would be great to clear the way for upgrades

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should sell ESR, Eddie and Nelson - Tavares and Lokonga are heading out the door already I think, would be great to clear the way for upgrades
    Only possible sticky issue is where it leaves us with amount of home grown players in the squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've just signed a goalie who i think counts as homegrown, but yes fair ppint

If we sign Williams I think that could be the case too, though not sure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be amazed if Nico Williams signed for Arsenal.

Surely he will go to Barca if he leaves Bilbao.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I massively agree that we should be selling the fringe players. However, we need to be careful that we do not leave ourselves short for the new season opening games.

Both Rice and Saka will not be available for the opening few matches as they will need a rest after the Euros.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't like the way this transfer window is going...we have been way to quiet. I mean I am happy to get rid of players like Taveres, Lokonga and even Smith-Rowe (if that happens), but the lack of solid leads, no realistic noise about strikers, wingers and even a replacement for Partey (sad to say) is worrying.

I just hope no one is going to use the excuse of jaded or injured players once the season starts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    I really don't like the way this transfer window is going...we have been way to quiet. I mean I am happy to get rid of players like Taveres, Lokonga and even Smith-Rowe (if that happens), but the lack of solid leads, no realistic noise about strikers, wingers and even a replacement for Partey (sad to say) is worrying.

I just hope no one is going to use the excuse of jaded or injured players once the season starts.
    It’s been clear for some considerable time that we would need to sell before we were able to buy. The problem is it’s not a sellers market, what tends to happen is players get bought from clubs for far more than they are worth because the club doesn’t want to sell.

There’s been almost no moves amongst a lot of other clubs as well…no transfer activity with Liverpool, City, Newcastle etc

Being worried of falling afoul of sustainability rules means this is probably the way it may be in future