Page 131 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1723

Thread: Summer Transfer Shit and Everything Else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    It’s been clear for some considerable time that we would need to sell before we were able to buy. The problem is it’s not a sellers market, what tends to happen is players get bought from clubs for far more than they are worth because the club doesn’t want to sell.

There’s been almost no moves amongst a lot of other clubs as well…no transfer activity with Liverpool, City, Newcastle etc

Being worried of falling afoul of sustainability rules means this is probably the way it may be in future
    I heard some news we are renegotiating commercial deals....and seeing as this is our 2nd year in the CL, we should really have started seeing the impact of increased revenues by now on our transfer dealings

I don't know, I get the feeling we are playing it safe, I just hope that doesn't come back to royally bite us in the ass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    I heard some news we are renegotiating commercial deals....and seeing as this is our 2nd year in the CL, we should really have started seeing the impact of increased revenues by now on our transfer dealings

I don't know, I get the feeling we are playing it safe, I just hope that doesn't come back to royally bite us in the ass.
    Honestly that stuff doesn’t touch the sides, it’s not even the amount we spent on transfers versus what we bring in as much as it is our wage bill. That’s part of the reason why we’ve prepared to accept chicken feed for some of our players.

Given what’s happened to Everton and Forest, what’s almost certainly going to happen to Leicester, and may even happen to Villa and Newcastle I think the smart thing is to play it safe. As I say if it was just us I’d be more concerned, but the transfer window has been extremely quiet so it’s clearly making it hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't like the way this transfer window is going...we have been way to quiet. I mean I am happy to get rid of players like Taveres, Lokonga and even Smith-Rowe (if that happens), but the lack of solid leads, no realistic noise about strikers, wingers and even a replacement for Partey (sad to say) is worrying.

I just hope no one is going to use the excuse of jaded or injured players once the season starts.
    I think it will all suddenly start falling into place, it's hard doing transfers during a major tournament as the players aren't focussed on it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Calafiore deal very close apparently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Calafiore deal very close apparently
    Don’t want this signing. We’ve spent years spending too much on defenders and swapping out the ones we already have. Get rid of Zinchenko? Fine but we can play Jurrien Timber there, Tomiyasu there. White, Timber, Tomiyasu, Kiwior, Gabriel, Saliba. Maybe we need a youngster to come through to bolster numbers but to make it a top priority when Striker, winger, central midfield are all more important signings. I was happy with Trossard and Havertz last season but to rely on them and Saka and hope for Martinelli and Jesus to do better than last season with goals is an unnecessary risk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t want this signing. We’ve spent years spending too much on defenders and swapping out the ones we already have. Get rid of Zinchenko? Fine but we can play Jurrien Timber there, Tomiyasu there. White, Timber, Tomiyasu, Kiwior, Gabriel, Saliba. Maybe we need a youngster to come through to bolster numbers but to make it a top priority when Striker, winger, central midfield are all more important signings. I was happy with Trossard and Havertz last season but to rely on them and Saka and hope for Martinelli and Jesus to do better than last season with goals is an unnecessary risk.
    I think they're just as keen to sign some upfront players but this is the one they've managed to do first - I don't quite get it either but perhaps Arteta's agenda is to replace Gabriel, after all he dropped him at the beginning of last season but it immediately showed that we were weaker so he was forced to re-introduce him

also though maybe the plan for Timber is LB and so we still need mroe options in CB

Tomi has real injury issues, Zin is shite and it looks like Kiwior might be on his way out already (a shame in my view as against all but the best I thnk he's fine). White himself could do with some cover as he had to play with an injury at the bcak end of the season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You didn't want Trossard I remember.

There is no question that Saliba and Gabriel cannot play as many matches as they did last season and surely Kiwior is on his way out.

I'm still very unsure of an Italian coming here. The weather will be too cold and the pasta will not be like 'mama used to make'.

We will have to wait and see as always.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though I like the player and his versatility, I have to admit like you I do not think this is a priority (unless there is some news about Timber that Arsenal is not sharing to the rest of the world).

If this is our big signing of the summer and we recruit no attacking players and midfielders, I will be truly disappointed in our decision making.

With the news coming from Citeh on players leaving, I am almost 95% sure they will not win the league this season. If we are thinking we can do so with 0-0 draws, then we have learnt nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add a bit of perspective, Zirkzee (their top scorer) just joined Man U for less than the amount we are "willing" to pay for Caliafori...and Zirkzee actually cost Bologna over 20m unlike Caliafori who they bought last year for 4m!!

The deal is a bit annoying and maybe we should just call Bologna's bluff and let Juventus take him (something they will really hate). They better agree really good payment terms on this deal seeing as they've forced us to pay an outrageous "Italian Tax" on this guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though I like the player and his versatility, I have to admit like you I do not think this is a priority (unless there is some news about Timber that Arsenal is not sharing to the rest of the world).

If this is our big signing of the summer and we recruit no attacking players and midfielders, I will be truly disappointed in our decision making.

With the news coming from Citeh on players leaving, I am almost 95% sure they will not win the league this season. If we are thinking we can do so with 0-0 draws, then we have learnt nothing.
    What news on players leaving

I’ve seen about De Bruyne leaving but he was injured for half the season last season anyway. Rodri, Dias, Haaland and Foden and to a lesser extent Bernardo Silva are their integral players.

I think they absolutely will win the league again next season. Even if we sign the players we need they will be favourites and there is no one else who realistically can challenge at this moment in time