User Tag List

Page 1394 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 39489412941344138413921393139413951396 ... LastLast
Results 13,931 to 13,940 of 13963

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    I agree. Scum operation at times and an agenda against the original roots of the club. Maybe it is just a tick box exercise?
    Or maybe it’s just thoughtless diversity pushing with the only agenda being making money, whilst convincing themselves that they are being socially conscious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Or maybe it’s just thoughtless diversity pushing with the only agenda being making money, whilst convincing themselves that they are being socially conscious.
    Whatever it is, I dont really like it.

Herbert Chapman would be turning in his grave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this where I remind everyone that we are all ultimately descendents of people from Africa?

Or that there's nothing wrong with celebrating a particular part of British culture at a particular time?

Or that choosing to take the time to go on a message board and attack something like this, no matter what excuse you claim to have for doing so, ultimately says more about you than anything else?

Oh and btw I like it and may buy one...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Is this where I remind everyone that we are all ultimately descendents of people from Africa?

Or that there's nothing wrong with celebrating a particular part of British culture at a particular time?

Or that choosing to take the time to go on a message board and attack something like this, no matter what excuse you claim to have for doing so, ultimately says more about you than anything else?

I have no excuse for anything I say, it is called free speech (well, for the time being at least).

What you spend your money on is up to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post

Culturally most of of the UK’s black population is West Indian (although of course the reason for this was the slave trade took them to the Caribbean) rather than directly from Africa (you do of course get people from Nigeria, Zimbabwe and Ghana)

The main issue with this, is all the cultural enrichment stuff is largely about liberal middle class guilt than anything

Ajax produced a Jamaican style kit a year or so ago, which was to do with the fact that the fans adopted Bob Marley’s “Three little Birds” as the club anthem. That I quite liked as it was appealing across the fan base

What we are doing by contrast seems patronising and self congratulatory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Culturally most of of the UK’s black population is West Indian (although of course the reason for this was the slave trade took them to the Caribbean) rather than directly from Africa (you do of course get people from Nigeria, Zimbabwe and Ghana)

The main issue with this, is all the cultural enrichment stuff is largely about liberal middle class guilt than anything

Ajax produced a Jamaican style kit a year or so ago, which was to do with the fact that the fans adopted Bob Marley’s “Three little Birds” as the club anthem. That I quite liked as it was appealing across the fan base

What we are doing by contrast seems patronising and self congratulatory
    I think my point is, people can either clap, or if not then nod, and move on OR they choose it to be something to posture about on a message board (a kind of inverted virtue signalling if you like) when the reality is it's totally harmless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...s/cm5241yd1r7o

If he doesn’t do interviews in patois or at least end every sentence with man/mon then I just have to wonder if his heart is still in it
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 01-08-2024 at 01:46 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...s/cm5241yd1r7o

If he doesn’t do interviews in patois or at least end every sentence with man/mon then I just have to wonder if his heart is still in it
    I'm expecting blackface and a dreadlocks wig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I'm expecting blackface and a dreadlocks wig.
    Wagwan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wagwan