User Tag List

Page 1399 of 1402 FirstFirst ... 39989912991349138913971398139914001401 ... LastLast
Results 13,981 to 13,990 of 14018

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    There does seem to be amongst the fanbase but at the moment it seems to be largely based on what people think is going to happen rather than anything that has happened.
    You are right - but its funny how 'gut feel' can often be proven right. Something is a bit off with our team so far this season. Rice hasn't looked right - and I'm not sure his advanced position has done anything for us. Teams have been able to play through us in a way that was near impossible last season. We have not controlled games as we are used to. We have relied on individual moments of genius for our goals - where previously there was usually a team purpose in doing so - and this is never a strategy that works over a sustained period. Villa and Brighton have shown that our high press has been analysed and can be worked around...and yet again our 'transformative' signing was injured at the starter's gate.

I'm not suggesting that this situation is necessarily terminal, but it's not the best start...
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I'm repeating what I've said above but we need to go back to Arteta 1.0 and do the defend-deep-and-hit-on-the-break thing

as people say draws at the toilet bowl and at Citeh aren't bad results
    Last edited by Mac76; 10-09-2024 at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    You are right - but its funny how 'gut feel' can often be proven right. Something is a bit off with our team so far this season.
    All I'd say is that people were saying the same at this stage last result. We were getting results but people were saying we hadn't clicked and wringing their hands. I would note that we beat Villa away which we didn't last year, so there are some reasons for optimism too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I'd say is that people were saying the same at this stage last result. We were getting results but people were saying we hadn't clicked and wringing their hands. I would note that we beat Villa away which we didn't last year, so there are some reasons for optimism too.
    all fair - I wonder if people are feeling a bit of title-chasing fatigue and in a way don't want to be stressed about it all season, so would rather it was settled early?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In terms of performance, I’d say we are definitely performing better than at the same point last season but at the same time especially if we take the game against Villa, we were lucky and reliant on David Raya to an extent. For me last season especially the first three games, there was something almost chaotic about the way we set up. This season, it’s more just low energy…I found the way Rice and Partey couldn’t deal with the high press set by Watkins and Rodgers to be a little alarming, but I think a possible solution there is just shuffling the pack.

I think more of a balance could have been found between defence and attack after going down to ten men vs Brighton. But these are more quibbles than massive concerns, my massive concern is being without our first choice midfield for the Spurs game, and potentially being without a key player for a long time. A lot of the apocalyptic despair is redolent of the schismatic histrionic repository that Social Media is….but I think there is justification for being concerned shall we say
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 10-09-2024 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like Jorginho should be able to add some stability in the middle in place of Rice but we have nothing like an Odegaard replacement. It will be a square peg in a round hole whatever happens. Partey really needs to show some of that 22/23 form now, rather than the cardboard cut out he’s looked like so far.

It’s not even just Odegaard’s ability on the ball but the fact that he leads the press so effectively, it takes a huge chunk out of the things we actually do quite well as a team. Not looking forward to the next 2 weeks at all. I think Atalanta away will be trickier than we expect too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

It’s not even just Odegaard’s ability on the ball but the fact that he leads the press so effectively
    yes exactly you'll never get a replacement for his skillfulness but there should be someone to fill in for the job he does in chasing down etc - tbf and not sure it was either ESR or Viera, despite what I said above - we need someone with a good engine who can do that job and harry the opposition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    yes exactly you'll never get a replacement for his skillfulness but there should be someone to fill in for the job he does in chasing down etc - tbf and not sure it was either ESR or Viera, despite what I said above - we need someone with a good engine who can do that job and harry the opposition
    The best bet for aimless running and hounding down defenders left in the team is Havertz. I know Arteta would never try this , but this is the most balanced attacking lineup we have without Odegaard and Rice:

Martinelli............Trossard/ Jesus............Saka...

..............................Havertz ..........................

...................Jorginho.........Partey

(Sterling as the only sub to any of the front 3, no proven sub for Havertz and one of the 20 CBs as a sub for the DMs )

Won't bother with the defenders.

This was all brought on by a failed transfer window which I rated Arteta 2/10 for actively weakening his side. I wish I could go back and actually give him less now.....honestly I really hope he doesn't sign that new contract.
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 10-09-2024 at 03:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fabio Vieira is injured, so whether we should have kept him or not has been rather rendered academic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Fabio Vieira is injured, so whether we should have kept him or not has been rather rendered academic
    I am gutted that Saka is starting for England. That would be all we need to lose him for Sunday. Fuck International football.