0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck, that is nasty!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool are closing in on Schalke striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar as boss Brendan Rodgers seeks to bolster his attacking options.

Spurs are also tracking the 29-year-old, who scored in the 2-2 draw against Arsenal in the Champions League.

Liverpool are keen to push through a £9million deal after the 29-year-old postponed talks on a new contract with the German side.

Huntelaar will be free to sign a pre-contract agreement with another club in January, as his current deal is due to expire at the end of the season

The Reds are currently struggling to cope with Luis Suarez as their only fit striker.
    Spurs VS Pool again

Who will get one over on who.
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz2BXKAhDtD
    Last edited by Olivier's xmas twist; 07-11-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suarez to score the wonder goals and Huntelaar to get the sitters. Could be awesome for Liverpool.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We still have that PL investigation over "tapping up" Dempsey.

Which will probably be found to be true and the ban will start on December 31...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suarez Is Boss View Post
    We still have that PL investigation over "tapping up" Dempsey.

Which will probably be found to be true and the ban will start on December 31...

That will probably be the case especially after consultation with Fergie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alan Pardew wants to bring Andy Carroll back to Newcastle when his West Ham loan expires.

Carroll, 23, is on loan with the Hammers - who visit St James' Park on Sunday - until the end of the season.

But Magpies manager Pardew is keen to re-sign him having sold the striker to Liverpool for £35m in January 2011.

"He's a Liverpool player and not wanted so at some point he's going to move permanently," said Pardew. "I'd like to think we'll be in the mix for that."

England striker Carroll scored 31 goals in 80 league appearances for Newcastle before moving to Anfield.

He returns to St James' Park along with former Magpies team-mate Kevin Nolan. And Pardew told BBC Sport he would also re-sign midfielder Nolan, who joined West Ham from Newcastle in June 2011, if he could afford to.

Former West Ham boss Pardew said: "Big Andy hopefully one day will want to come back and certainly I'd like to have them both in my squad now because we would be stronger for it.

"But obviously finances restrict me from doing that."

Pardew believes Newcastle owe Carroll a "great debt" for generating £35m for the club when he joined Liverpool.

The Newcastle manager says the cash enabled the Magpies to finish fifth last season and qualify for the Europa League.

"The fee was astronomical, we have used it well," he added.

Newcastle have signed Papiss Cisse from Freiburg for £9m, Yohan Cabaye from Lille for £4.8m and Demba Ba from West Ham on a free since Carroll left the north east almost two years ago.

"The position we are in, if I'm honest, is because we used the money from Andy's sale well," said Pardew.

"He was a brilliant player for us and we owe a great debt to him."

Meanwhile, West Ham manager Sam Allardyce says he has moved on from his turbulent time as Newcastle boss as he prepares to return with the Hammers on Sunday.

Allardyce was sacked by Newcastle almost five years ago.

"There has been a lot of water under the bridge since then," said Allardyce.

"Life moves on, I don't live in the past. I can only look to the future as best I can."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20271855

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The £35,000,000 flop, the circle of life.

£35,000,000

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steven Gerrard has politely declined Zlatan Ibrahimovic's advice that the Liverpool midfielder should seek a move to "a big international club".

Gerrard has spent his entire career at Anfield in stark contrast to Ibrahimovic, who has enjoyed spells with Ajax, Juventus, Inter, Barcelona, AC Milan and is now at Paris St Germain.

The Swedish striker admitted he was a huge admirer of Gerrard but felt that he would benefit as a player by playing his trade on the continent.

He said: "Although of course Liverpool is a big club, I would like to see Steven at a big international club."For me, a fantastic player can make the difference in every country wherever he plays. I'm pretty sure Steven would do that also."

But Gerrard insists there are few bigger clubs than Liverpool and has no intention of leaving Anfield, where he has racked up more than 600 appearances over more than a decade of service.

"I'm a big fan of Zlatan as a player but I'm not going to take his advice," said the 32-year-old.

"I am very happy at Liverpool and in my opinion I am at one of the biggest clubs in the world, a team that has won the European Cup five times. So I'm happy where I am, but thanks for his opinion."
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...an-Ibrahimovic

Stevie Me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, he's right of course.

If more English players were willing to step outside their comfort zones our national team might not be quite so shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True.