User Tag List

Page 16 of 89 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw something funny on FB. Picture of the statue of Greyfriars Bobby with the caption "this needs to come down, the cat-hating bastard:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Lenny Henry used to be in the Black & White Minstrel show (really!) so I think everything he ever did should be banned and he should be killed.
    well more than that there were his characters such as the african whichdoctor wearing leopardskins and his rasta ("ooooooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay") - i just don't know how he's got away with that and become this big spokesperson for diversity

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    The cunt's moaning because she exploited the death of Floyd to cash in? I assume she'll be donating all the proceeds, if she hates her success so much?

Cunt gets to the top. Moans anyway. Shocker.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Little Britain was removed from Netflix.

Bit annoying because I was planning to rewatch it soon.
    Not that i agree with it, but i can sort of see the reason if they removed shows that were made in the 1960s etc such as the Goodies, Fawlty Towers etc because there has been a lot of change since they were made. Although i think warner brothers have it right when they screen a warning before old shows saying that they were made in a time with different opinions etc.

However, i cannot see the reason why little britain is being removed. This was made 10 years ago and i really dont think we have changed that much since then. What isn’t acceptable now, wasn’t acceptable ten years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Not that i agree with it, but i can sort of see the reason if they removed shows that were made in the 1960s etc such as the Goodies, Fawlty Towers etc because there has been a lot of change since they were made. Although i think warner brothers have it right when they screen a warning before old shows saying that they were made in a time with different opinions etc.

However, i cannot see the reason why little britain is being removed. This was made 10 years ago and i really dont think we have changed that much since then. What isn’t acceptable now, wasn’t acceptable ten years ago.
    i'm not advocating it but what's changed is the sensitivity around black people - tbh i never watched Little Britain because it looked terrible and I only have to look at Matt Lucas to want to throw up, so banning it sounds good to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eventually we'll have a great catalogue of books, movies, comedy, games and TV shows that are all safe to watch and carry no possibility of offending anyone. Can't wait.

I'm off to get Dr Who banned because, obviously.

Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *sigh*

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-53004638

How far are we going to go with this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://newsthump.com/2020/06/11/out...ut-permission/

These people should know their place.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Eventually we'll have a great catalogue of books, movies, comedy, games and TV shows that are all safe to watch and carry no possibility of offending anyone. Can't wait.

I'm off to get Dr Who banned because, obviously.

those were the days...