User Tag List

Page 164 of 184 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1838

Thread: Euro 2024

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest I started drinking at 15 and always enjoyed the taste of lager, don’t know why but I always found it easy to drink. Never been one for spirits or whiskey though which I can’t really stomach.

Kids these days are a bit different to our generation, I don’t think it’s really “cool” to get shitfaced anymore and I think they tend to have more varied interests than we did at that age. Also it’s a bloody expensive hobby too now.

This country has a pretty disturbing relationship with alcohol though in comparison to the rest of the world and I really hope my kids when they’re old enough stay clear of it.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 12-07-2024 at 03:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many years ago I used to go the gym regularly at the centre in the Highbury area - there was a guy always in there who worked as a bouncer at the Highbury Garage - he used to let me in free sometimes, and I once got him to chuck out a guy who was annoying me

I was once chatting to him in the gym having seen him the previous weekend in the Garage and i said i'd been a bit pissed - he was teetotal and he said "what's drinking like - am I missing anything?"

I immediately imagined if i said 'yes', him starting to drink, giving up the gym and ending up living in the gutter so I said "no, nothing at all"

But for me, I do need a beer to unwind, at the end of a day working or being out it's just a nice relaxing thing to do.

I like certain lagers on a hot day or a Cobra or two with an indian meal, but also really like real ale and some spirits, especially a single malt Scotch

But MO is right some people here can't behave themselves, we sometimes talk at the match how it would be nice to have a beer in our seats, but there's too many idiots who'd overdo it and act dumb tbh

If I had kids I'd do what the French do and educate them just to have a little wine watered down to start with and get into it sensibly - i think warning them off it altogether might have the opposite effect, given some kids like to be contrary to their folks, but what do I know...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    To be honest I started drinking at 15 and always enjoyed the taste of lager, don’t know why but I always found it easy to drink. Never been one for spirits or whiskey though which I can’t really stomach.

Kids these days are a bit different to our generation, I don’t think it’s really “cool” to get shitfaced anymore and I think they tend to have more varied interests than we did at that age. Also it’s a bloody expensive hobby too now.

This country has a pretty disturbing relationship with alcohol though in comparison to the rest of the world and I really hope my kids when they’re old enough stay clear of it.
    Well I think off licences and bars used to encourage binge drinking with happy hour special deals etc. Haven’t got absolutely properly drunk since my mid twenties because I actually don’t like being really drunk. I enjoy social drinking, but I tend to avoid mixing I will either stick to beer or wine and spirits…I do enjoy a nice scotch now and again.

If I go out with friends I’ll probably have about five or six pints and then call it a night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    If I go out with friends I’ll probably have about five or six pints and then call it a night
    That's actually quite a lot, you know...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    That's actually quite a lot, you know...
    If I was doing it every day or even every weekend sure

Plus I don’t drink when I’m on my own. I know plenty of people who have a beer or a glass of wine to unwind but I’ve never felt the need

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But MO is right some people here can't behave themselves, we sometimes talk at the match how it would be nice to have a beer in our seats, but there's too many idiots who'd overdo it and act dumb tbh.
    It has been a feature of the Euros - lots of empty cups being thrown. Just generally the security has been poor, quite a lot of pitch invaders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It has been a feature of the Euros - lots of empty cups being thrown. Just generally the security has been poor, quite a lot of pitch invaders.
    I don’t think security has been poor, look at how quick that guy was to tackle Alvaro Morata

Seriously though, not the only thing up the creek in Deutschland. Apparently the Train services have been diabolical throughout the tournament, cancelled trains and delays of 2 hours or more in some cases. You wouldn’t expect that from the land of efficiency

Then again “at least the trains ran on time” is often misattributed to Nazi Germany and was actually said about Fascist Italy under Mussolini
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 12-07-2024 at 04:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I had kids I'd do what the French do and educate them just to have a little wine watered down to start with and get into it sensibly - i think warning them off it altogether might have the opposite effect, given some kids like to be contrary to their folks, but what do I know...
    I quite like the idea of my kids having their first drink with me. They’re going to do it anyway so I’d rather they were open about it and didn’t feel the need to shy away from drinking in front of me. I’d rather they were open about it than do what I did and nick cans from my dads garage and go to the park with the lads.

Just got to educate them on how shitty excessive drinking can be. Showing them clips from an average city centre on a Saturday night should hopefully put them off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    How are you defining “our” there?
    No pads, no steroids.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's going on is that the world has moved on since the 1950s or whichever past decade your mind inhabits

And she talks more sense than any male British official I've ever heard
    Go away soy boy.
    Für eure Sicherheit