User Tag List

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A fallacy quashed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no reason for him to single out Dein if that were true. He would have said he was disappointed by Dein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh? I read that as "there was no one to provide the authority for AW to do what he wanted in the transfer window" - not AW's fault if he wasn't supported properly in transfers, or if the board didn't have the back bone to. When your leadership structure is relying on middle management to run the club, something broken.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by budesonide View Post
    So, as some of us have been saying all along, it has been a self-imposed financial restriction by AW. And, no-one ever said we have the the kind of money city or chelsea has to splash around.

Am I worng then to think that with a more flexible approach (or with DD around) we might have at least won a fuc*king carling cup?

So, when the board have always said there was money to spend if AW needed it, they were not bullshitting as some would hav us believe?

And that, our board is so spineless and visionless they haven't the cajones to tell AW to wake the fuc*k up?

As i said in a previous thread -- to counter a letters's assertion -- unless we slip into abject midtable mediocrity, this board don't have the balls or vision to get AW to shape up.
    Actually I read the quote as meaning that Wenger is incapable of making up his mind.
    While all answers are responses, not all responses are answers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBapologist View Post
    Huh? I read that as "there was no one to provide the authority for AW to do what he wanted in the transfer window" - not AW's fault if he wasn't supported properly in transfers, or if the board didn't have the back bone to. When your leadership structure is relying on middle management to run the club, something broken.
    This would seem run counter to quotes that started this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you appear to hold the burden of the clubs finical stability in your hands, I'm not surprised. AW can't do 30mill flops like City and United can and if he did, I he'd get roasted on here. What seems to be missing is the kind of nudge and experience bodies in the background that had the authority to advice AW. ATM, it seems AW's been left to run the club due to a weak board, probably neglecting pitch side stuff in the process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, poor poor Arsene!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBapologist View Post
    When you appear to hold the burden of the clubs finical stability in your hands, I'm not surprised. AW can't do 30mill flops like City and United can and if he did, I he'd get roasted on here. What seems to be missing is the kind of nudge and experience bodies in the background that had the authority to advice AW. ATM, it seems AW's been left to run the club due to a weak board, probably neglecting pitch side stuff in the process.
    I am not certain that I would 100% agree with the weak board concept. I suspect that they have ceded authority on the playing staff to Wenger. However, they have almost certainly kept control of the financial reins. However, I do agree that Wenger has not been able to afford a 30 million flop, as that was probably a huge part of his annual budget.

Whether as a consequence of financial constraints; board imposed policy; or Wenger-imposed policy; Arsenal have not spent close to 30 million for a player. However, over the last 5 to 10 years, Arsenal supporters have seen 4 English clubs readily spend that amount of money: Man U; Chelsea; Liverpool; and Man City. Furthermore, Arsenal are now every year competing against European teams that also willingly spend that amount of money on players: Real Madrid; Barcelona; Inter Milan; AC Milan; Bayern Munich. This "inability or unwillingness" to compete in the transfer market has been frustrating and could be a huge impediment to further progress. In my opinion, in the next 3 or 4 years, Arsenal will have to change "policy" and start competing in these stratospheric transfer markets in order to maintain competitiveness on the playing field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger we all know is cautious when it comes to transfers........which in part is admirable is also to the same degree detrimental to the success of our club

Wenger has refused to follow suit as our main rivals........Arshavin remains our biggest signing and the other teams have bettered that many times over,

but still we hear Wenger say in one breath I have the money but in another say I can't spend because we have the stadium or in yet another the team is good enough and youth is the answer.......these statements in themselves show the mixed bag of ideas Wenger walks around with in his head

Every year Wenger will have to sell his ideas to the board and whether it is an American business man or a Russian mobster the sales pitch is going to have to be believable........the fact is now whether the board is going to go along with Wenger, because for me the old paint has been applied more than once , has dried and is now starting to flake.......AW time for a different colour,lets try a bold colour this time, not one of those weal pastels you seem to like!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Japan Shaking All Over View Post
    Every year Wenger will have to sell his ideas to the board and whether it is an American business man or a Russian mobster the sales pitch is going to have to be believable........the fact is now whether the board is going to go along with Wenger, because for me the old paint has been applied more than once , has dried and is now starting to flake.......AW time for a different colour,lets try a bold colour this time, not one of those weal pastels you seem to like!!
    This is the crux of the problem. Does Wenger have the authority to spend the transfer money however he sees fit or does he need the board's approval?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Gooner View Post
    This is the crux of the problem. Does Wenger have the authority to spend the transfer money however he sees fit or does he need the board's approval?

Eh? transfer money is fuc*king transfer money.

But according to AW, spending it will kill the likes of bendtner,denilson,diaby etc.

He says he knows what he is doing and he will do it HIS way!