User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal vs PSG, 1st October 2024, KO 20:00 (GMT)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Had a bit of a mare here and booked myself on the coach to watch Wythenshawe Town play Stalybridge Celtic away, not realising this was the same night.

Ah well, just the group stage.
    Only it's no longer a group stage but a league. For some reason I'm finding it harder to take this new format seriously, I watched the Atalanta borefest and am going tonight, but accepted an invite to something else the night of the Shaktar game. I've not looked at the CL table once yet, it's just an inconvenience before we get to the proper games, I know top eight means avoiding two games but it still doesn't feel exciting to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The irony is the bore draw at Atalanta is what this new format is meant to avoid. Also I note that Matchday 8 is all kicking off at the same time, presumably to stop two teams from engineering a result

I must confess I’ve not looked at the table either….

However I think the guarantee of playing teams like Inter or PSG, is better than home and away against some post communist outfit.

Whether the new format will work I don’t know, I’ve taken the set view of being opposed to every champions league format change going back twenty years (I liked the two group stages and then straight to the 1/4 finals)

But it means (in principle anyway) that teams like City and Madrid have to play at least one tough opponent (possibly two) before the knockout stages and your seeding no longer protects you as much

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is on Prime Video btw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    both Tomi and Merino feature a lot in the pre-match training photos on the website, a good sign

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    This is on Prime Video btw.
    Much to MrsL's annoyance. So I will actually get to watch this one.

I hope we win, tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Much to MrsL's annoyance. So I will actually get to watch this one.

I hope we win, tbh.
    You mean to say the trouble and strife is not a dyed in the wool Gooner?

For shame

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    You mean to say the trouble and strife is not a dyed in the wool Gooner?

For shame
    She honestly couldn't give a monkeys. She'll watch some of the bigger England games but that's about it. Even then she's not really in to it.
    Fortunately for her I'm not super fussed myself these days so rarely watch our games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    She honestly couldn't give a monkeys. She'll watch some of the bigger England games but that's about it. Even then she's not really in to it.
    Fortunately for her I'm not super fussed myself these days so rarely watch our games.
    And why would she. I don’t think any woman I’ve been with for any sustained period has cared about football, and to be honest many of them are surprised I am because I never mention it around them. I do remember a girlfriend I had watching the 2005 fa cup final with me (and she looked thoroughly bored and was clearly only watching for my benefit)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal: Raya, Timber, Saliba, Gabriel, Calafiori, Saka, Partey, Rice, Martinelli, Havertz, Trossard.

Subs: Neto, Porter, Gabriel Jesus, Kiwior, Jorginho, Merino, Sterling, Kacurri, Lewis-Skelly, Nwaneri, Robinson, Butler-Oyedeji.

Paris St-Germain: Donnarumma, Hakimi, Marquinhos, Pacho, Nuno Mendes, Zaire Emery, Vitinha, Neves, Doue, Lee, Barcola.

Subs: Safonov, Tenas, Fabian, Asensio, Muani, Mayulu, Lucas Beraldo, Skriniar, Zague, Naoufel El Hannach, Mbaye.