User Tag List

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal v Liverpool. Sunday 27th Oct. 16:30

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    But it’s not entirely his fault, we’ve been set up to set up our attacks on the right hand side, Odegaard drifts right when he plays because he has a good understanding with Saka.

It’s why this bullshit inverted fullback thing doesn’t work, it largely was there to accommodate Zinchenko who lacks the pace or the defensive discipline to be a proper fullback. When Calafiori plays as a typical left back rather than this nonsense position you see more attacking opportunity on the left hand side and you see Martinelli look a damn sight more dangerous.
    Part of the problem is Gabriel, he has me almost screaming in frustration in some games, in those regular moments when he gets the ball from Saliba, gives it back to him, gets it back again, gives it back to Saliba again.... - meanwhile Martinelli is standing in space with his arms in the air...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is we’ve never prioritised having an alternative to Saka. Yes what Saka does is unique and not easily replaceable but it arguably doesn’t need to be. We didn’t even necessarily need to sign anyone, although far from perfect it’s clear from Tuesday that Jesus is far more effective on the wide right than he is up front…and actually it would have done his confidence good to play more games in that position.
    I actually think Vieira did ok there and his loaning out is looking increasingly silly tbh, if only to provide additional options for some lower priority games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyway 0-3 Salah hatter

I might even put money on it this time...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not confident about Sunday.

Our defence has not been looking super tight in the last few games even with all first choices available. Not heard much about Timber but would be surprised if he's available. My bet is Partey at RB and Kiwor at LB, with White at CB.

A disrupted defensive line like this will carry an obvious risk of conceding.

I think it likely that we will therefore see Rice and Merino in central MF. This has looked stodgy. I really hope that Havertz and Trossard can find the synergy we have seen playing a kind of rotating/withdrawn CF partnership, but it didn't really work well against Shaktar. Martinelli is nailed on at LW. Will the manager opt for Jesus or Sterling at RW? Personally I would try to play Jesus into some form there.

Overall though I feel the manager will be safety first as he has been recently. Let's hope that we can create something, because if not we will be f*cked because Liverpool carry goal threat and are likely to score. I'm optimistically seeing a draw.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I actually think Vieira did ok there and his loaning out is looking increasingly silly tbh, if only to provide additional options for some lower priority games
    I don’t disagree with any of this, but if I’m totally honest I don’t remember him playing there much beyond a home game vs Luton.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jota is out so there's that at least.

Salah against [insert guess here] is a bit of a problem though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Jota is out so there's that at least.

Salah against [insert guess here] is a bit of a problem though.
    Salah of course is a problem but equally he’s only ever scored twice in seven games at the Emirates, and hasn’t scored at all in Liverpool’s last three games here.

He’s going to cause us problems on the right if Calafiori nor Timber as we expect are available. And we don’t want Gabriel overcommitted with keeping him quiet, also I can see Diaz giving White a hard time or Partey if he shifts into the centre

I think if we try and play defensively we will lose, I think as best as we can we have to go for it against them.

Martinelli for me has often bamboozled Van Dijk and TAA, Trossard and Havertz should for me be played as near as possible to a front two

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think any of our defenders are particularly great 1v1 players and Liverpools front line definitely require special attention. I think it’s highly unlikely that we’ll keep a clean sheet, the full back areas are a big problem right now and I would expect Liverpool to get a lot of joy there.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 25-10-2024 at 11:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has a loss written all over it. Kiwior against Salah is the worst than Saliba missing the game tbh. Salah must be having wet dreams at the prospect of Kiwior playing LB.

As for our attack, who will score when our 3 CM's are not offensive minded.. and we know Nwaneri aint starting Sunday. Saka is our only chance of scoring, but seems like he will be out.

Best hope is a draw.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t disagree with any of this, but if I’m totally honest I don’t remember him playing there much beyond a home game vs Luton.
    he played there a few times, admittedly some of it was pre-season games, both before this season and the last, but still it was enough to show he can operate there