User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match reaction Vs West Brom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    who would have thought after the villa game, that going into the october international break, we would be top of the league and have Mesut Ozil?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not necessarily a bad result, but the the team selection and approach from Wenger just felt off from the beginning.

A five-man midfield works in certain situations and with certain players and it definitely did not today. Wilshere being generally useless and Ramsey being off-colour obviously didn't help, but just having Gnabry or Rosicky to offer a turn of speed and directness could have made a big difference.

It was an even match (apart from another incompetent ref seemingly giving everything in West Brom's favour) on the whole and we didn't play too badly, but there's a sense of a missed opportunity to keep the winning momentum going. Wenger's late Bendtner for Giroud sub summed up his strangely unambitious mindset for the day.

Good performances from Szczesny and Giroud again, although Bif probably should have scored one.

I suppose a couple of maulings of our next two PL opponents would make up for today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A draw was a fair result although we finished the stronger. Leaving the goal aside, I was surprised at the stick that Wilshere got in the match thread. He had a bad first half, but the referee seemed to allow West Brom to get the ball off him by any means. To use a Wengerism, like the team he grew stronger in the second half. Well apart from Jenkinson who was crap all day. But all said and done not a terrible result because they weren't at it like against Napoli.

╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointed.
    We've had the easiest opening schedule in forever. We took 7 wins from the corresponding fixtures last season. Despite having such an easy schedule, we've shipped too many goals against inferior opposition.

Jack had a stinker, masked by the goal.
    Giroud looked to do everything right in buildup play, but failed when it came to the money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    Milla, have a word with yourself.

Seriously.
    Sorry, I don't seriously said Wenger has bastard kids, but his favouritism with his team selection is baffling.

Why did he shuffle Ramsey-Flamini-Ozil midfield trio? Ramsey is never my hero but he is currently the best box midfielder in the country with highest tackles and goals ratio but why he is suddenly on the wing? What have Arteta done to automatically deserved a starting place? Would it be better for the team to have one player who can take on the full backs instead of Arteta?

Bad team selection, the manager could have done better.
    somebody put something in my milk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointed with the draw, winnable game but we were poor 1st half. Missed opportunity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by milla View Post
    Sorry, I don't seriously said Wenger has bastard kids, but his favouritism with his team selection is baffling.

Why did he shuffle Ramsey-Flamini-Ozil midfield trio? Ramsey is never my hero but he is currently the best box midfielder in the country with highest tackles and goals ratio but why he is suddenly on the wing? What have Arteta done to automatically deserved a starting place? Would it be better for the team to have one player who can take on the full backs instead of Arteta?

Fair enough.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty irate about our team selection. Didn't like it mid week either but I accept it would have been a risk starting Gnabry in a European game.

We had a winning formula, and now our manager has changed it. He shifted the best box to box midfielder in the league on the right wing.

Gnabry should have started, with Arteta on the bench. Just because he's fit doesn't mean he can walk straight back into the team.

Why waste the top playmaker in world football in a team with absolutely no pace to exploit?

I'm a big fan of Giroud's but he has two chances to us the match today and bottled them both. He's good but he hasn't convinced me he's title winning good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by milla View Post

He looks like a vampire?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    west brom finished 8th last year. they beat united at old trafford last week. they are a decent side. should have won, we would have won if the ref hadnt been an arse and denied us two stonewall penalties or just let west brom kick jack out of the game. top of the league at the international break. after villa, we are in dreamland.