User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal 1-1 Brighton Player Ratings and Match Reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that Partey looks ready for the scrap heap.

Incredibly annoying 2 points dropped because of the stupid red card. Early days of course but we know games like this will matter greatly if we’re trying to beat City to the title.

Spurs and City away next. Might not be pretty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Reading the pundits comments defending the rice red card, it just shows how no one is going to stand up to the PGMOL and just let them continue ruining the game with incompetent refereeing.

Let’s take the argument that Rice should have been booked by the letter of law because he kicked the ball away. Well to start with, the ball was moving because Brighton player had already moved it forward so by letter of the law, the free kick would have had to be retaken because you can’t kick a moving ball. He also wasn’t taking the free kick in the right place as foul was further back as again defined by letter of the law. So the referee only applied one letter of the law because he actively made that choice.

Yet earlier in the game, he didn’t apply the letter of the law to Pedro when he booted the ball 40 yards away after running it out of play. By the letter of the law, there is no difference between that & Rice yet he applied two completely different standards of refereeing. Most accept it was common sense to not book Pedro but you cannot justify that now given the Rice incident.
    It was a nothing incident and the ref should have used some common sense and told them both to get on with the game. I didn’t even really care that Rice got booted either. If nothing had happened no one would have been talking about it at all.

Dreadful decision really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

Incredibly annoying 2 points dropped because of the stupid red card. Early days of course but we know games like this will matter greatly if we’re trying to beat City to the title.

If we play Partey at all (which i think we’ve got no choice but to with Merino injured) it should be at no8 and Rice at 6. Because Rice isn’t a number 8 at all. Both of them have been dreadful this season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://x.com/sports_bar_cafe/status...5nKNIY1AZaWvQw

I know we sound like a broken record here but here is Dalot (I think) giving away a foul & then throwing the ball away in front of the referee and no booking given. That is much more obvious & blatant compared to Rice.

The defence by the pundits & PGMOL has been that Rice delayed the restart so by “letter of law” its a yellow & second defence has been that Howard Webb & PGMOL made clear to clubs etc that delaying the restart would be clamped down and yellows issued. Except, there has been numerous incidents this weekend of players delaying the restart, including Pedro yesterday, and nothing. So either the referees are so incompetent they can’t apply the new rules set by the PGMOL in which case they all need to be sacked or Kavanagh just wanted to make a name for himself and no other player will be sent off as Rice was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m betting that city never ever get that red card
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no other player will be sent off as Rice was.
    I'll put my money on that right now, these things only happen to us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazed Arsenal aren't contesting that card and even more amazed Rice owned up to it. Is everyone queer these days? AT BEST, he flicked his foot at a ball that was already hitting him. Big fucking deal. Yellow card? The faggot who fouled him had to run, what, a whole 30cm to get his ball back? Yellow then red? Yeah okay, it's called corruption. It's obvious, blatant, in your face and the sooner fans stop doing the, "It's so hard for refs", bullshit the better. It's hard for COMPETENT and HONEST refs, because the players are literally the worst (almost) human beings imaginable. Diving, screaming, holding up imaginary cards, buying handbags and wearing lipstick. Corruption IS the game these days. Sportsmanship - don't make me laugh. They're all scum, from top to bottom. The way to combat this cheating is to stop cheating. I'm looking at you Saka. Falls over when his toe bumps a blade of grass. If we stopped cheating it would mean 3-4 seasons of refs doing what they do anyway, and 3-4 losing seasons. But eventually it would be impossible to penalise use because it would be too obvious even for the bottom feeders to lick up. We live by the sword and get cheated by it. Unfair cop. Expected. In a sea of corruption.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I'll put my money on that right now, these things only happen to us
    We seem always to be made the example of new dicta from PGMOL. This year it is penalising 'gamesmanship' for delaying free kicks; last year it was timewasting (remember Tomiyasu's booking against Palace early in the season for apparently delaying a throw in - that led to his sending off); then touchline behaviour (Arteta targeted). How better to advertise this year's pointless new approach by targeting a top team in a 12.30 kick off where everyone will be watching? For me this is partly that Arsenal (as opposed to Citeh, Liverpool or Manure) are regarded as being fair game, and partly the North West bias of the refereeing fraternity. The complete bollocks is of course that like so many other PGMOL initiatives - this will now peter out - but also that they choose to focus on an aspect of the game that is in the scheme of things totally unimportant, but ignore violent conduct; persistent fouling.

I can't claim not to be biased - as I do not follow closely decisions made in games in which we are not involved, but it does seem that we are always targetted - more than other teams. The evidence is clear from the treatment of our opponent in the same game that Rice was sent off in...for the first time in his career.

I used to think that this tendency to penalis/make examples of us would change only when we wil the league - but i'm not sure that it will. Saka is maybe the most important player for England - but this has not improved his treatment by refs who allow the opposition to foul him rotationally. Rice has captained England - but neither this, nor his largely unblemished reputation made any difference to Kavanagh being a c*nt.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    We seem always to be made the example of new dicta from PGMOL. This year it is penalising 'gamesmanship' for delaying free kicks; last year it was timewasting (remember Tomiyasu's booking against Palace early in the season for apparently delaying a throw in - that led to his sending off); then touchline behaviour (Arteta targeted). How better to advertise this year's pointless new approach by targeting a top team in a 12.30 kick off where everyone will be watching? For me this is partly that Arsenal (as opposed to Citeh, Liverpool or Manure) are regarded as being fair game, and partly the North West bias of the refereeing fraternity. The complete bollocks is of course that like so many other PGMOL initiatives - this will now peter out - but also that they choose to focus on an aspect of the game that is in the scheme of things totally unimportant, but ignore violent conduct; persistent fouling.

I can't claim not to be biased - as I do not follow closely decisions made in games in which we are not involved, but it does seem that we are always targetted - more than other teams. The evidence is clear from the treatment of our opponent in the same game that Rice was sent off in...for the first time in his career.

I used to think that this tendency to penalis/make examples of us would change only when we wil the league - but i'm not sure that it will. Saka is maybe the most important player for England - but this has not improved his treatment by refs who allow the opposition to foul him rotationally. Rice has captained England - but neither this, nor his largely unblemished reputation made any difference to Kavanagh being a c*nt.

I couldn't even be bothered to get angry with what happened to Rice tbh - it's ust officials acting towards Arsenal they way they always do.

If i was in charge I'd be having a shit-hot legal team constantly badgering the FA and PGMOL with appeal after appeal and dossier after dossier in the hope it would grind them down - admittedly probably a vain hope, but i do wonder if we push hard enough to try to stop this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

We need to drop Gabriel. He is a black Pascal Cygan, sadly.