User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brentford vs Arsenal - Match reaction and player rating

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    What I meant was I agreed with your assessment of his game, but not your rating, mainly because his work rate is so important for us, that I think its kind of positively contagious. Also, Arteta's side starts defending from the opposition's half, something I've been screaming about for years that would allow the team to generally defend better and we are all seeing the results of closing down and playing most of the game in their half with and without the ball. Martinelli again is the lynchpin when it comes to that. I have stopped rating him on his goals or assits; his work rate is what I look at, his tackles, his interceptions,his holdup play, he's been really impressive.

Fair enough, I rate him on his ability to give full backs explosive diarrhoea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching this Arteta side makes me wonder what Torriera did to him that made him dislike him so much. I mean he naturally has all the attributes this side is showing, I really don't understand how any normal footballing mind would choose a Xhaka over a Torriera if this is the kind of way you want to play.

It just makes no sense unless their is something I'm missing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Torriera was a pussy who cried every day.

Xhaka is a warrior who gives 100% every game.

Physical attributes aside, I'm choosing Xhaka every time. He's been phenominal this season. Man of the match for me today.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Torriera was a pussy who cried every day.

Xhaka is a warrior who gives 100% every game.

Physical attributes aside, I'm choosing Xhaka every time. He's been phenominal this season. Man of the match for me today.
    Besides the assist and one vital interception, he still showed us he's still the limited player he's always been, with the commentator even making me laugh when he pointed out all he does is sideways passing (when he attempted his balloned shot).

Definitely he's played better this season but clearly he's still our weak link, especially when he doesn't have Partey looking after him (as shown in the Manc game).

I can't really dignify the Torreira comments with much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent performance. Best of the season. A genuine 'top team' performance.

Ramsdale 7
    Looked far more composed. Done the couple of asks well.

Tierney 6
    Much better. Still not back to himself going forward but definitely getting there. Solid.

Gabriel 6.5
    Solid again.

Saliba 7
    Excellent again. Great goal. Very very rarely looks troubled.

White 6
    Fine. Just very limited in that position but really not his fault.

Partey 8
    Imperious. Always available. Takes the ball in the tightest of spaces and turns out of them. Brilliant player. Man of the match.

Xhaka 7
    Very good performance. Great engine. Great assist. Like White though, can only go so far in that position whereas a natural fit could really progress the team in there.

Viera 7
    Very impressed. Neat and tidy. Looks to go forward. Wonderful goal.

Martinelli 7.5
    Great prospect. Works so hard. On and off the ball. Always getting involved and is always causing problems...just lacks that final ball/end product but just great to watch.

Jesus 6.5
    Another good, if unspectacular, performance. Wonderful goal. There was a LOT to do with that header. Lovely and composed.

Saka 5
    Had some neat touches but it really is incredible how someone can hide so effectively in an open field. Best performance of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Excellent performance. Best of the season. A genuine 'top team' performance.

Ramsdale 7
    Looked far more composed. Done the couple of asks well.

Tierney 6
    Much better. Still not back to himself going forward but definitely getting there. Solid.

Gabriel 6.5
    Solid again.

Saliba 7
    Excellent again. Great goal. Very very rarely looks troubled.

White 6
    Fine. Just very limited in that position but really not his fault.

Partey 8
    Imperious. Always available. Takes the ball in the tightest of spaces and turns out of them. Brilliant player. Man of the match.

Xhaka 7
    Very good performance. Great engine. Great assist. Like White though, can only go so far in that position whereas a natural fit could really progress the team in there.

Viera 7
    Very impressed. Neat and tidy. Looks to go forward. Wonderful goal.

Martinelli 7.5
    Great prospect. Works so hard. On and off the ball. Always getting involved and is always causing problems...just lacks that final ball/end product but just great to watch.

Jesus 6.5
    Another good, if unspectacular, performance. Wonderful goal. There was a LOT to do with that header. Lovely and composed.

Saka 5
    Had some neat touches but it really is incredible how someone can hide so effectively in an open field. Best performance of the season.
    His best performance of the season (not true BTW) and you still gave him a 5

Agree with the other ratings but you need to add an extra 1-2 point to all the defenders, they were solid. Plus White's overlapping run actually created the space and cleared the way for Viera's goal. The guy deserves a lot more credit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Besides the assist and one vital interception, he still showed us he's still the limited player he's always been, with the commentator even making me laugh when he pointed out all he does is sideways passing (when he attempted his balloned shot).

Definitely he's played better this season but clearly he's still our weak link, especially when he doesn't have Partey looking after him (as shown in the Manc game).

I can't really dignify the Torreira comments with much.
    I am by no means his biggest fan but Xhaka was really good today both offensively and defensively, he has been one of our better players this season and we have been performing at a high level since the opening day.

Xhaka definitely looks better with Partey though, I don't even think Partey looks after him, if anything Partey glues the team together, without him we look a weaker team but the difference this season is how we dominate and control games with or without Partey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep no fan of his but Xhaka had a good game today. Everyone looked physically strong and up for it. The only period during the match where they looked even threatening was when the crowd starting clapping for coffin lady.

Really like the black away kit too even though it made its debut in the United debacle (which I still haven’t forgiven Arteta for)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xhaka is playing the best football of his Arsenal career. That isn’t a particularly high bar to overcome, but it should be acknowledged.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I meant was I agreed with your assessment of his game, but not your rating, mainly because his work rate is so important for us, that I think its kind of positively contagious. Also, Arteta's side starts defending from the opposition's half, something I've been screaming about for years that would allow the team to generally defend better and we are all seeing the results of closing down and playing most of the game in their half with and without the ball. Martinelli again is the lynchpin when it comes to that. I have stopped rating him on his goals or assits; his work rate is what I look at, his tackles, his interceptions,his holdup play, he's been really impressive.
    Yes, that's what it is for me, he does so much to retain or win back possession and be a constant threat