User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who do you want to be the next England manager?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jurgen Klopp

2 40.00%
  • Eddie Howe

2 40.00%
  • Graham Potter

1 20.00%
  • Pep

0 0%
  • Big Sam

0 0%
  • Someone else

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New England Manager - Poll

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be a bloody awful appointment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn’t give it any credence, the media will go into silly season about this. Yesterday they claimed that Sarina Wiegman was being considered which obviously is as daft as when they tried to claim that Sir Clive Woodward was being linked with vacant Southampton job about twenty years ago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I think NQ has hacked HCZ's account
    Says the person who is still at this point doubling down on a conspiracy theory simply because they are too stubborn to admit they know how implausible it is.

Plus I’m not making claims like, that having female pundits will lead to legalised pedophilia. I’m just stating the fact that all this stuff about tolerance, diversity and inclusion is all completely nebulous, actually quite condescending and is so blinded by smug sanctimony that it ignores the people who will exploit it.

The important progress that’s made is evident when people don’t give a fuck, Sunak first non white prime minister in the main it passed unnoticed, two blokes getting married? In the main no one gives a shit.
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 18-07-2024 at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I wouldn’t give it any credence, the media will go into silly season about this. Yesterday they claimed that Sarina Wiegman was being considered which obviously is as daft as when they tried to claim that Sir Clive Woodward was being linked with vacant Southampton job about twenty years ago
    Well Woodward was Performance Director at Southampton for a time so it wasn't that far off beam...

But yes I don't think anyone thinks Wiegman would get it but obvs the FA would be keen to show they are not just considering men, as they've put men in charge of the women's team often enough in the past, including Phil 'just off home to beat the wife' Neville

after all at least Wiegman has, like, won things with an England football team...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    That would be a bloody awful appointment
    Which is what worries me - this is the FA we're talking about - they will probably like the fact he has the media fawning all over him, that's clearly much more important than if he could actually win something...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Well Woodward was Performance Director at Southampton for a time so it wasn't that far off beam...

But yes I don't think anyone thinks Wiegman would get it but obvs the FA would be keen to show they are not just considering men, as they've put men in charge of the women's team often enough in the past, including Phil 'just off home to beat the wife' Neville

after all at least Wiegman has, like, won things with an England football team...
    It is though directly proportionate in the sense that neither are qualified to take the big seat and are being mooted simply because of what they’ve achieved in a different sport, and what might as well be a different sport because of the physical differences between men and women.

I don’t think it’s a serious consideration and it’s more just a case of look at how progressive we are. And I don’t say this because Wiegman is a woman I say it because she has no experience in the men’s game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see Ange get the England job but it won't happen and it might mean Poch is back at Spuds which I certainly do not want to happen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    I'd love to see Ange get the England job.
    Seriously?
    I mean, he gets his team playing good football so it would be fun, but he's not shown anything which would make me think he can hack it at that level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Seriously?
    I mean, he gets his team playing good football so it would be fun, but he's not shown anything which would make me think he can hack it at that level.
    I couldn't care less about England, I just want to see Spuds lose their manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    I couldn't care less about England, I just want to see Spuds lose their manager.
    I’m not sure he will be there in a year’s time. I do genuinely quite like him as a person so pity he’s the Spurs boss but I’m not sure he’s going to get them into the top four