User Tag List

Page 23 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2024

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typical England stodge really.

It was good to see Saka playing a bit more like a traditional winger rather than constantly cutting inside like he does for us. The stepovers and running on the outside, something we don’t see often enough from him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Bullshit
    What, you don't think Bowen's cross was good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post

Kane far too deep, despite what someone with a childishly obsessive hatred of him stated….he did well to outmuscle Serbian defender and draw instinctive save onto the post….but that was his singular contribution.
    Well i assume that's aimed at me, but where did i.say he didn't play too deep? I agree and his total lack of pace meant he couldn't get onto crosses

Oh and it's 'single' not 'singular' and it was pushed onto the bar not the post - but either way, the keeper was only able to do so because it was headed straight at him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Well i assume that's aimed at me, but where did i.say he didn't play too deep? I agree and his total lack of pace meant he couldn't get onto crosses

Oh and it's 'single' not 'singular' and it was pushed onto the bar not the post - but either way, the keeper was only able to do so because it was headed straight at him
    Singular can mean one thing or one exceptional thing that stood out

Saying he played too deep was my analysis of how he played not everything is about you

He had to outmuscle a defender to get to the ball it’s an instinctive header and an instinctive save.

You’re not going to generate the kind of power to get it both across goal and make it so the keeper can’t get to it. It was a decent effort. You won’t acknowledge it because it came from Kane. Simple as that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Player ratings

Pickford 6 - Decent save from Vlahovic but not exactly imperious coming for the ball

Walker 5.5 - Started really well but just completely ran out of fuel by half time

Guehi 5 - Needed protecting by Rice all evening. Despite the clean sheet, not up to it at this level

Stones 5 - As erratic as Rudolf Hess in the dock

Trippier 6.5 - No fan of his but easily our best defender on the night

Rice 7 - Had to spend a lot of the evening putting out fires caused by players around him

Alexander-Arnold 5 - No chance of winning anything playing him in central midfield

Bellingham 8 - Became increasingly more isolated in second half but controlled the game up to that point

Foden 4 - Cunt

Saka 7.5 - Like Walker ran out of energy, but beasted Serbian full backs before hand

Kane 5 - Ridiculously deep, contributed to the pressure put on us by Serbia by not making himself available further up the pitch. Only contribution of note was second half headed effort

Subs

Bowen 6.5 - Another one not good enough at this level, but introduced some energy into the game

Gallagher 6.5 - Fair play to him, prepared to draw fouls from Serbia

Mainoo 5 - Looked out of his depth physically

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Singular can mean one thing or one exceptional thing that stood out

Saying he played too deep was my analysis of how he played not everything is about you
    you referred to me in a sideways manner in relation to that remark, so it's clearly you that thinks everything's about me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was weird with Saka in the second half, he began by playing on the left and even when he went back to the right the team stopped giving him the ball and just kind of froze him out, which I guess was part of the defensive mindset Southgate has drilled into them.

This team with this coach is winning nothing.

That said I still think if Watkins had played instead of K**t it would have been a far more comfortable win though, that moronic beached whale is past his sell-by date. But then Southgate's too much of a coward to take a genuinely bold move

As for Holland, Saka should be telling him to fuck off every time he walks past him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would swap things around for Denmark, play Guehi as a Kiwior type player on the left, move Walker into the centre of defence, play despite my better judgement Alexander Arnold as a wing back on the right (at least Walker can cover the space he will leave)

Play Gallagher with Rice in midfield

Drop Foden (got to be consequences for playing like that) and put in Palmer.

Give Kane one more game to stop being the wandering Jew, and if he doesn’t potentially drop him for Slovenia
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 17-06-2024 at 08:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Southgate probably wants Gallagher in there anyway as it offers up more balance. He went with what he did last night because he’s spineless and chose to pigeon hole players into the team because of the media and fan clamour.

I would actually consider bringing Gordon in because of the width he’d offer. Foden is a Pep player who can’t play in another system and doesn’t have a role for England. Bench him and you’ll see a difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Romania 1-0 Ukraine Stanciu

Romania doing the deep block and then managing to punish a moment of Ukrainian sloppiness from Lunin (ha predictive text tried to make that Lenin). Ukraine will huff and puff for the rest of the game but ultimately will lose