Page 26 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    You alright man?
    I thought that was pretty clear by now. Something serious happening up inside there. I just hope it doesnt lead to an emergency Cobra meeting someday
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    You alright man?
    he's lost it, that's all - it's not surprising, no-one could keep up the mindbending trick of dodging all the good arguments put to him, by ignoring them, misrepresenting them or switching between seriousness and humour to the point where it's impossible to tell what's supposed to be a 'joke' and what's supposed to be 'serious' - probably even by himself

and then there's trying to pretend he's neither left or right - (while constantly abusing 'lefties/commies' etc) and basically coming out with all sorts of undefendable controversial and offensive crap while trying to claim it's the truth and any authoritive evidence against it is just sponsored by the dark forces of big business or whoever he thinks it is this week

it would be too much for anyone to keep that up without going nuts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry you had to go through those things, NQ. Really, I am. I've never been the target of violence because of my race, and can't imagine what it does to a person to experience something like that.

What I have been in is a split second decision: do I fight or not? Two cunts rode up on a moped and grabbed my phone out of my hand. I immediately ran after them into the road and grabbed the guy on the back, heard him say "go faster" to the one driving. I could've dragged them off the bike in that moment, but then what? There were two of them and one of me, they had helmets on and who knows what they were carrying. My phone was pretty broken anyway, it just wasn't worth it.

I knew I'd made the right decision not to fight, but that didn't stop me from feeling emasculated. For the rest of that evening, I was thinking "I could've taken them". And maybe I could, I know some Kung Fu and I can defend myself, but for what gain?

I know those situations aren't the exact same. The guys on the moped just wanted my phone, they didn't hate me for existing like your twats in the van, so I can understand why the urge to fight might've been bigger for you and your dad than it was for me, but what would you have gained by fighting?

It might've felt emasculating, but I think you made the right decision back then.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I wish I could slap you around the fucking face and wake you up.
    you'll have to get past the rest of us first

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what John Cleese thinks about BLM in general btw:

“It seems to me the best parts of the George Floyd protests have been very moving and very, very powerful,” he said.

“There are looters, just as there are rogue police, but if we let our focus be on the 10 per cent who are always trying to f--- everything up, we might forget that what it’s really about is trying to behave a bit more kindly towards everyone.”

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/cul...12-p5523w.html

i must admit i hadn;t realised the issue with the Germans episode is the Major using the N-word which makes it a bit more tricky though i still think it's missing the point to pull it, as Cleese says

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    I thought that was pretty clear by now. Something serious happening up inside there. I just hope it doesnt lead to an emergency Cobra meeting someday

Bet Johnson won’t bother going

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i must admit i hadn;t realised the issue with the Germans episode is the Major using the N-word which makes it a bit more tricky though i still think it's missing the point to pull it, as Cleese says
    I didn’t know that either but I’m a firm believer that words can’t be racist in and of themselves.
    There surely has to be context.
    A girl at work who is very young and woke told me that her generation literally won’t say the word. She described to me how in clubs everyone would be singing along to songs with it in the lyrics and everyone would just not sing that word.
    Personally, I don’t like it’s use but context - there is always context.
    The Major was an old school character who used old school language.
    My nan used to talk about “Paki shops” and even then (Then being late 80s) it would make me wince a bit.
    But she was old school too. Different generation.

To Kill A Mockingbird uses the word all the time because the book describes a time and area where most people were racist and used the word frequently. But the book itself is a powerful anti racist message. So should it be banned because it uses the word? Or censored?

There is always context in how we use language and saying that a certain word can’t be used or, worse, can only be used by a certain group of people seems ludicrous to me.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    he's lost it, that's all - it's not surprising, no-one could keep up the mindbending trick of dodging all the good arguments put to him, by ignoring them, misrepresenting them or switching between seriousness and humour to the point where it's impossible to tell what's supposed to be a 'joke' and what's supposed to be 'serious' - probably even by himself

and then there's trying to pretend he's neither left or right - (while constantly abusing 'lefties/commies' etc) and basically coming out with all sorts of undefendable controversial and offensive crap while trying to claim it's the truth and any authoritive evidence against it is just sponsored by the dark forces of big business or whoever he thinks it is this week

it would be too much for anyone to keep that up without going nuts
    Well it won't really matter if we keep on going for a bit longer, will it? Everyone will think the same, speak the same, look the same, act the same. Or else. That's the ultimate destination for the leftie/ commie utopia special, isn't it? We can see all the evidence now flashing past the windows. Burning books. Trashing media libraries. Hunting out every little deviation from the gospel according to marx. And at the very heart of it, pure, open racism and self loathing. But it's me that's mad and won't accept facts?

Don't think so.

I told you several times, the left you think still exists has long since been infected and mutated. For the workers? How's that then? When the workers hit the streets to demand their jobs back the left condemned them with one voice. Same left that now praises the trashing of western culture as a giant step forward in race relations. You absolutely sure I'm the one who's deranged?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    What, you think I might hit the streets and start terrorising people and smashing, burning and looting? You're right, that would be sheer insanity. Good news is you can sleep safe from me. Can't say the same about your brothers though, you probably should be more concerned about them. What comes next, once the last denier has been cowed? Got a history book handy?
    Für eure Sicherheit