User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trump

4 15.38%
  • Biden

22 84.62%
Page 276 of 296 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 2952

Thread: 2020 US General Election

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Starmer's referring to Trump in the Commons as 'President Trump' - oops...
    Jimmy Carter is still referred to as President Carter, it’s a formal title you keep long after you’ve left office. So it’s less of a slip of the tongue or a grim foreshadowing and more what his title continues to be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The populist right are now discovering trey are as fond of cancel culture as those they berated on the left. You don’t make jokes about lard arse almost dying apparently, otherwise they’ll doxx you and get you fired.

I hated it when the left did this horrible bullying shit, I’m totally unsurprised that when it came to the right when it came to freedom of speech they meant the freedom of their own speech.

Left and Right….both a bunch of cunts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Jimmy Carter is still referred to as President Carter, it’s a formal title you keep long after you’ve left office. So it’s less of a slip of the tongue or a grim foreshadowing and more what his title continues to be
    Yeah, ex-Presidents traditionally retain the title.
    But in January he will be again anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    hm, ok didn't realise that...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But in January he will be again anyway.
    The Democrats are an absolute joke

Biden for me was a poor president even before his cognitive decline became more and more evident. And he was on shaky ground when running four years ago. Withdrawing from Afghanistan which has in no small way contributed to our small boats problem because it turns out the Taleban are a wee bit vindictive against anyone who they think cooperated with the British or Americans. Who knew jihadist extremists would be so vicious and petty minded?

He hasn’t put a muzzle on the Alphabet mafia loony tunes on the left of the party and at state level. His quantative easing plan just caused an exacerbation of inflation, he managed to piss off the one person in the caucus who he couldn’t afford to piss off Joe Manchin….and he’s had ample opportunity to sort out the crisis at the border.

Frankly if he was up against a generic Republican, I’d be quite happy for the Democrats to lose. But reactionary nonsense is dressed up as conservatism these days so I’m not sure there’s such a thing as a Generic Republican. All the seemingly reasonable ones are completely fucking spineless

Unrelated by I notice Trump doesn’t call Biden Sleepy Joe anymore, perhaps because there are frequently occurring instances of his own somnolence.
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 17-07-2024 at 03:46 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on, Covid, you know what to do

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cv2gj8314nqo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d say you’re a good sport for being prepared to laugh at yourself for what is a clear example of making fun of the demagoguery in organised religion.

Which was more than could be said for Malcolm Muggeridge when the film came out

My favourite line in that film still remains “how shall we fuck off Lord?”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a mate who is a Baptist minister who reckons you could get a few good sermons out of that film.
    The thing about it is it doesn't really make fun of Jesus or Christianity that much - the main target is the silliness of organised religion, all the rituals and all the divisions between groups who in theory believe the same thing (People's Front of Judea...etc).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a mate who is a Baptist minister who reckons you could get a few good sermons out of that film.
    The thing about it is it doesn't really make fun of Jesus or Christianity that much - the main target is the silliness of organised religion, all the rituals and all the divisions between groups who in theory believe the same thing (People's Front of Judea...etc).
    That was the intention. It also does kind of point out that everyone and their uncle was claiming to be the Messiah in Judea at that time. So why not have someone who doesn’t want to be the Messiah. It also made fun of the absurdities of revolutionary types and their pomposity and cowardice.

They were also making fun of believers like Muggeridge who had years earlier filmed in Mother Theresa’s place in Calcutta and that they filmed this particularly dingy and dark part of the convent but on film it was a lot brighter which Muggeridge attributes to holy light (not at all the type of film and lens being used )

Could get into what a fraud Mother Theresa was, but different story for a different time