User Tag List

Page 28 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Shit and Everything Else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KSE Comedy Club View Post
    Apparently its £75m with £15m of add-ons.

Watch it get rejected later today & City make a bid by Thursday.

If we really want him that much and he is our 'priority', then just bid properly and get him in ffs. I'm all for us trying to haggle, but the longer this goes on the more chance we have of fucking it up.
    This new bid probably add more favourable installments and maybe the addons were more realistic, I.E 3 installments instead of 6 or something like that. I am pretty confident we will get it done, we have been in dialogue with them for a while and Rice seems to want to move to us only hence why no other teams are involved or in the case of Bayern they withdraw their interest.

I don't even think City want or need him.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    Rise will go to Man City if they want him.

Treble winners or bottlers, its not much of a choice.
    He doesn't want to leave London and he has already said he won't encourage bids from other clubs.

He wants us but the fee has to be right for WH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Already rejected. Apparently the add-ons include us winning the League or CL, so you can understand why West Ham think they won’t be seeing that money.

I get that lowballing is a part of all negotiations but I think it’s been fairly clear that he won’t be sold for less than 100m. Embarrassing if we miss out on him.
    Yup, was gonna post the same.

Just get it to £100m (even with add-ons) and they will accept.

We have literally gone back with the same offer just structured differently. What the fuck us Edu doing?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    This new bid probably add more favourable installments and maybe the addons were more realistic, I.E 3 installments instead of 6 or something like that. I am pretty confident we will get it done, we have been in dialogue with them for a while and Rice seems to want to move to us only hence why no other teams are involved or in the case of Bayern they withdraw their interest.

I don't even think City want or need him.
    Yes but the total amount is the same - £90m.

West ham want £100m and they won't budge from that figure, so why have we wasted a whole week just to offer them the same amount?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have literally gone back with the same offer just structured differently. What the fuck us Edu doing?!?
    Structuring the deal differently makes a big difference, if the installments are split over 3 years as oppose to 6 then West Ham will be getting more money upfront and quicker. We are far from perfect in the market but I don't think this new offer is as silly as some seem to be making out.

I do agree with you though, just get the offer up to 100m (which seems to be the fee West Ham want plus a player) and close the deal.
    Last edited by selassie; 20-06-2023 at 01:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We’re obviously relying on the strength of Rice’s desire to play for us to swing it. We should understand that West Ham don’t “need” the money though. Most PL clubs aren’t short of a bob or 2 these days, it’s definitely a sellers market. If we want him we will have to pay what they want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes but the total amount is the same - £90m.

West ham want £100m and they won't budge from that figure, so why have we wasted a whole week just to offer them the same amount?
    Yeah i hear you but....the reports say West Ham want either 120mill or 100mill plus a player, that doesn't seem to make complete sense, well the 100mill plus a player part.

West Ham haven't rejected this new offer yet....I am not saying they won't....but I don't think we are very far from closing the deal now.
    Last edited by selassie; 20-06-2023 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Just seen Ornstein confirmed West Ham have rejected this 2nd offer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    We’re obviously relying on the strength of Rice’s desire to play for us to swing it. We should understand that West Ham don’t “need” the money though. Most PL clubs aren’t short of a bob or 2 these days, it’s definitely a sellers market. If we want him we will have to pay what they want.
    Yeah West Ham definitely hold all the cards, I think we will eventually meet in the middle wherever that may be.

We just need to get it done and concentrate on securing our other targets as it looks like we are going to be very active in the Market this summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    Rise will go to Man City if they want him.

Treble winners or bottlers, its not much of a choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Yeah i hear you but....the reports say West Ham want either 120mill or 100mill plus a player, that doesn't seem to make complete sense, well the 100mill plus a player part.
    we have plenty of players they can have - Eddie, Holding, Tavares, Zinchenko, Pepe, Lokonga, etc etc

tbh they can have all of them if they want