User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trump

4 15.38%
  • Biden

22 84.62%
Page 281 of 296 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 2957

Thread: 2020 US General Election

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Most of the "evidence" for conspiracy theories I hear is based on incredulity and ignorance.
    There's a difference between a healthy distrust of the mainstream and a "it's mainstream, therefore it's false" which is the rabbit hole certain people on here have fallen down.
    I suppose it depends how you’re defining conspiracy. I think we discovered a clear conspiracy of silence in the Catholic Church over child abuse, similar story with Saville and the Beeb and whilst Paula Vennels was made a patsy (and hasn’t helped herself that she lied to parliamentary enquiries and is a thoroughly unpleasant, unsympathetic individual) there was clearly more people than her who perpetuated the Horizon scandal.
    Then there’s my own personal conspiratorial belief about the origins of Covid which again falls into cover up rather than a proactive diabolical scheme to concoct and disseminate the virus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She must feel silly losing her job over a hoax, right Mac?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c4ngj4jyryeo
    There was a major security incident, whether or not it was staged is irrelevant, her forces failed to do their job as it should be done, either by being complicit in a staged scene, or failing to adequately protect people from an attack

So either way there is an argument to say she should go (although personally I think there are some cases where it really isn't the person at the top who's to blame, it's just symbolic)

Does that help?
    Last edited by Mac76; 24-07-2024 at 09:36 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I suppose it depends how you’re defining conspiracy. I think we discovered a clear conspiracy of silence in the Catholic Church over child abuse, similar story with Saville and the Beeb and whilst Paula Vennels was made a patsy (and hasn’t helped herself that she lied to parliamentary enquiries and is a thoroughly unpleasant, unsympathetic individual) there was clearly more people than her who perpetuated the Horizon scandal.
    Then there’s my own personal conspiratorial belief about the origins of Covid which again falls into cover up rather than a proactive diabolical scheme to concoct and disseminate the virus.
    Right. As you say, there are certainly conspiracies of silence. The Royal Mail one is a good example. In BW I related my frustrations about a colleague who has clearly made a mistake and is now lying to cover it up. The Royal Mail/Horizon thing was that on an industrial scale. But there was no conspiracy to prosecute innocent people by "them" (whoever "them" are). It happened because of a catalogue of errors and the conspiracy, if you want to call it that, was to lie and lie about it to cover their mistakes. Which ultimately fell apart of course, which is kind of the point. These things generally do fall apart, that's how we know about them. The idea that the moan landings could have been faked, with all the people that would surely have had to involve, and there be no whistle blowers is ridiculous. And all the "evidence" you hear is either just incredulity or based on people not understanding physics or what they did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    moan landings

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Tut. You know what I mean

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a major security incident, whether or not it was staged is irrelevant
    No it isn't. If it was staged then there wasn't a major security incident

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No it isn't. If it was staged then there wasn't a major security incident
    Yes there was, because it was still supposed to be a peaceful rally but there was violence, security is supposed to prevent violence - staged or not

The security forces aren't supposed to be complicit in a staged violent act, so it would have gone against why they are officially there

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes there was, because it was still supposed to be a peaceful rally but there was violence, security is supposed to prevent violence - staged or not

The security forces aren't supposed to be complicit in a staged violent act, so it would have gone against why they are officially there
    They were obviously in on it, dude.
    See, I can make stuff up without evidence too. Fun, isn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right. As you say, there are certainly conspiracies of silence. The Royal Mail one is a good example. In BW I related my frustrations about a colleague who has clearly made a mistake and is now lying to cover it up. The Royal Mail/Horizon thing was that on an industrial scale. But there was no conspiracy to prosecute innocent people by "them" (whoever "them" are). It happened because of a catalogue of errors and the conspiracy, if you want to call it that, was to lie and lie about it to cover their mistakes. Which ultimately fell apart of course, which is kind of the point. These things generally do fall apart, that's how we know about them. The idea that the moan landings could have been faked, with all the people that would surely have had to involve, and there be no whistle blowers is ridiculous. And all the "evidence" you hear is either just incredulity or based on people not understanding physics or what they did.
    See that’s quite possibly not the case, it is entirely possible Royal Mail prosecuted people out of malice to blacken their reputations. It’s hard to know whether evidence could be found to prove that Paula Vennels or someone like her wilfully did this. But that would not be beyond the realms of possibility

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So basically your argument now would be

A) That the conspirators would have to know that the secret service would fail in its most basic duties

B) The secret service were in on it, and that this woman has sacrificed her entire career for something which as I predicted has done absolutely nothing to give Trump a poll bounce.

As I’ve said, world of difference between skepticism of official narrative and trying to make the pieces fit into a narrative that best fits your pre existing biases.

I think the healthy skepticism train left town some time ago
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 24-07-2024 at 10:26 AM.