User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trump

4 15.38%
  • Biden

22 84.62%
Page 284 of 296 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 2952

Thread: 2020 US General Election

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-rally-shooter

This article raises two interesting points, firstly the shooter had the same views as Trump, which begs the question why shoot him unless it's something others encouraged him to do it to get Trump greater popularity, secondly why didn't the security services keep an eye on the roof as is standard practice, unless some of them were in on it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    [https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-rally-shooter

This article raises two interesting points, firstly the shooter had the same views as Trump, which begs the question why shoot him unless it's something others encouraged him to do it to get Trump greater popularity, secondly why didn't the security services keep an eye on the roof as is standard practice, unless some of them were in on it?
    Trump despite his Rhetoric also has shown unprecedented support to Israel including assisting with moving the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem (which I thought was stupid and inflammatory but different argument) his son in law who is both Jewish and pro Israel had a great deal of foreign policy influence in the Middle East policy of the Trump administration.

Trump’s policies earned him a lot of ire from far right antisemitic groups such as Storm Front who claimed he’d sold out. As an aside the attitude of both the far left and far right towards both Israel and Jews is one of the biggest examples of horseshoe theory (well it’s not even horseshoe it’s a circle)

Plus again a lot of these assassination attempts aren’t even necessarily political, at this moment in time given the shooter didn’t leave a breadcrumb trail they are still trying to discern a clear motive. John Hinckley jnr shot at Reagan because he was stalking Jodie Foster and thought this might impress her.

But what I will say, is I’m impressed by your stubborn resolve to double down on something that you know as well as I do wasn’t some incredibly convoluted conspiracy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    But what I will say, is I’m impressed by your stubborn resolve to double down on something that you know as well as I do wasn’t some incredibly convoluted conspiracy.
    I'm not impressed by that. It's intellectually weak and dishonest to keep doubling down when it's clear you're wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I'm not impressed by that. It's intellectually weak and dishonest to keep doubling down when it's clear you're wrong.
    I know you’re reading text not listening to tone of voice but you surely must be able to detect sarcasm when you read it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, so yes I'm doubilng down a bit and I will say this once - that the likelihood is it's not a conspiracy - BUT I'm about 20% unsure

what bothers me is people's unwillingness to even contemplate it, I think there's a lot of naivety among a lot of people about the lengths someone like Trump will go to and how many people will do whatever it takes to support him

btw I'm very interested in how our (Trump-supporting) conspiracist-in-residence is so quiet on this, if it had been Biden I think he'd have had plenty to say about it - doesn't that in itself tell you something?
    Last edited by Mac76; 31-07-2024 at 10:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    OK, so yes I'm doubilng down a bit and I will say this once - that the likelihood is it's not a conspiracy - BUT I'm about 20% unsure

what bothers me is people's unwillingness to even contemplate it, I think there's a lot of naivety among a lot of people about the lengths someone like Trump will go to and how many people will do whatever it takes to support him

btw I'm very interested in how our (Trump-supporting) conspiracist-in-residence is so quiet on this, if it had been Biden I think he'd have had plenty to say about it - doesn't that in itself tell you something?
    Well I respect your honesty (and to be clear I don’t mean that sarcastically)

But in fairness I have explained clearly why I dismiss the possibility. I’m quite equal opportunity when it comes to conspiracy theories, doesn’t matter what side they come from. The burden of proof is on the person who makes it, and when it comes to Trump when what he says to members of his extended family don’t remain a secret….it’s impossible to think that a high risk/low reward strategy like this would ever get spoken about yet alone executed. Rule of Thumb is if it’s too implausible for G Gordon Liddy to have suggested, it didn’t happen.

As for NQ I’d have to look but I believe he claimed it was a conspiracy by the Democrats to bolster Trump’s standing and force Biden out.

But of course don’t let him catch you calling him a Trump supporter, he hates all politicians equally…apparently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No in fairness I don’t think that was his opinion, I can’t discern what it was

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair question

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most Indians are black you stupid/racist bastard.
    Spoiler: African Americans are black too.