User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wenger 'It is so frustrating to flirt with success'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To dismiss the general feeling of the fans after five years of being given the benefit of doubt while peddaling the same tired excuses following the annual collapse indicates this man is atr best arrogant, and almost certainly deluded.

I accept that it is difficult to win trophies, but I cannot any longer stomach the inevitability of failure arising from the same mistakes over and over again. And quite frankly, our football stinks and is a pale imitation of what it was even three years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He claims to respect the fans and cares about how they feel, but based on what he says in his interviews, it seems he gives short shrift to our opinions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    To dismiss the general feeling of the fans after five years of being given the benefit of doubt while peddaling the same tired excuses following the annual collapse indicates this man is atr best arrogant, and almost certainly deluded.

I accept that it is difficult to win trophies, but I cannot any longer stomach the inevitability of failure arising from the same mistakes over and over again. And quite frankly, our football stinks and is a pale imitation of what it was even three years ago.

AW can FOAD tbh..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger

out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Just heard it

the attitude of the squad - the attitude of this team is very good
    Arsenal’s away form - it was the best away form in the league. This show great mental strength and spirit
    failing to hold their nerve - We finished top 4 so i would say we held our nerve
    the games that lost Arsenal the title - it was the games Man Utd won rather than the ones we lost that lost us the title
    the manner of the goals conceded - every team concedes goals. It is not a problem
    correcting the problems from set-pieces - There is no problem. We are 2% away from correcting the problem
    the height of his players - Look at Barca players. Messi, Xavi and Iniesta are not tall and they are successful. We can be the same
    the criticism of his team - the only opinions that matter are the board and they are happy with how the club is going. We make a lot of money and that says it all im afraid

True story

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasri Scoreng View Post
    I'm afraid, AW, that the frustration is having a manager with a God complex - impervious to any other point of view than his own - condescending to us that we are impatient, and implying that we are ungrateful and know nothing, when for the past few seasons now you have told us that this will be the year for trophies, only to shift the goalposts come the end of the season while we have none.

'Impatient'? I'd say that Wenger has benefitted by immesurably more patience than managers at other 'top' clubs have enjoyed. 'Love what we do'? - I think that you could benefit from a reality check. We love our club, but we are beginning to hate and resent the never-corrected failings that you are presiding over, and the constant self-justification that we have to put up with after yet another season of relative failure.

and to think I was just going to reply to his interview with 'Cunt.'
    Last edited by KSE Comedy Club; 01-06-2011 at 09:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Save me Jeebus! View Post

and to think I was just reply to his interview with 'Cunt.'
    tbh I prefer your succinct version, none of this tippy tappy typing bollox, just bang "Cunt" and done

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasri Scoreng View Post
    I'm afraid, AW, that the frustration is having a manager with a God complex - impervious to any other point of view than his own - condescending to us that we are impatient, and implying that we are ungrateful and know nothing, when for the past few seasons now you have told us that this will be the year for trophies, only to shift the goalposts come the end of the season while we have none.

'Impatient'? I'd say that Wenger has benefitted by immesurably more patience than managers at other 'top' clubs have enjoyed. 'Love what we do'? - I think that you could benefit from a reality check. We love our club, but we are beginning to hate and resent the never-corrected failings that you are presiding over, and the constant self-justification that we have to put up with after yet another season of relative failure.
    The frustrating thing is that we are only a couple of good signings away from challenging for trophies. One of those signings just needs to be a new manager!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter