Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonights AST end of season review

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchinello Beezo View Post
    I will be stan then...

"We acknowlege that there have been on pitch failings and we also note that despite these we finished 4th, above some teams who had their best ever season. While things could be better we have complete faith in Arsene Wengers abilities as a manager and back him fully, he has won many trophies in this league and will again we are sure."

Why haven't Arsenal won anything for six years, Stan?
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is the club posting a profit every year instead of investing that profit (OUR FUCKING MONEY) into the first team?!

The answer: Because it made the club worth a fucking fortune and attracted Stanley. Now the directors will do one with their pockets lined with gold.

All this preaching they've being doing for the past five years about nasty foreign owners is complete bullshit. We have been completely screwed by our English owners. If a foreigner did what they've done (charged the most expensive tickets in the world, not invested in the team and sold the club for a huge personal profit) they'd have been lynched in the press. Bravo you rich bastards.

Scum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the thing mate he is a million pound salary guy, he is used to dealing with bigger grillings than any he could get tonight, that was the point of this thread to be honest, see if there was anything out of the norm people thought he should answer.

I remember when i did my legends tour and Charlie George was getting asked all the usual and then someone asked him if he could come up with an excuse for Eboue's involvement in the team and he was completly thrown
    Nice!

I suppose then I would ask him if he would take some time out to read message boards such as (Goonersweb) to get an idea of the feeling amongst fans on a grassroots level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd ask him if he fears for the brand / fanbase / income of the club if we keep failing to win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Normally i would agree my friend but i have now been offered 9 season tickets for this season....9. That tells me people have lost the will to live when it comes to watching weak ass football and have become dissalusioned with the club, if what i hear is true then 15% of season ticket holders havent renewed, that will make an impact on the board IMO, yes i know we will fill those seats with reds or commercials but when the reporting gets to stan and Board they will realise something has changed at fan level.

I am also not with these that think the board dont know what they are doing, you dont get to be that rich by being a moron, these guys know what they are doing its just that what they are doing seems to be best for them not us at the moment, no-one was moaning when we were winning and i should think the board were lining their pockets then as well. I also dont hold with this belief that Stan wont change anything, he has a reputation and track record for making demands of his management as they are representing his business essentially. Yes Arsene has gone of kilter somewhere but even with our shocking collapse we still finished 4th, even with the spending that is going on below us we will be at least 4th again this season.

All is not well at the club but its a long way from being as bad as people are making out
    Its not as bad, no - but undoubtedly we are now losing some of the lustre that we built up in the early 00's, and while the manager is more likely than not a fading force, our competitors are increasing in number. Add that to the fact that clearly there is an issue with the committment and mentality of our players, and its not looking too pretty, TBH.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Why haven't Arsenal won anything for six years, Stan?
    "Well thats a good question and its one we have discussed at board level, football is all about narrow margins and fine lines and sadly while we have been paying for the stadium move and going through the debt reduction process of the move we have fallen on the negative side of these lines, however with Stans investment and the Highbury square sale now complete, combined with the new sponsorship deal we are confident we have more financial freedom and a sustainable model that will allow Arsene greater spending power should he wish to spend it, however he is Arsenals manager and all decision on players stay with him.

We have continued to be competitive and play brilliant football while spendind little and massively reducing the debt while managing player prospetcs like Woji and Wilshere, that shows the ability of the manager"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Well thats a good question and its one we have discussed at board level, football is all about narrow margins and fine lines and sadly while we have been paying for the stadium move and going through the debt reduction process of the move we have fallen on the negative side of these lines, however with Stans investment and the Highbury square sale now complete, combined with the new sponsorship deal we are confident we have more financial freedom and a sustainable model that will allow Arsene greater spending power should he wish to spend it, however he is Arsenals manager and all decision on players stay with him.

We have continued to be competitive and play brilliant football while spendind little and massively reducing the debt while managing player prospetcs like Woji and Wilshere, that shows the ability of the manager"
    And that, my friends, is why tonight will be such a ponitless and empty exercise...
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironing View Post
    I'd ask him if he fears for the brand / fanbase / income of the club if we keep failing to win
    Gazidis: No I do not fear for the brand because we've achieved 70% market penetration in North America, and the size of the market there means we are well situated to exploit the commercial opportunities open to us in that country. Moreover, with our tour of South East Asia this summer, we have another great opportunity to open up new markets, and with our world class marketing and strategy teams, we expect to achieve 44.34% penetration in the next 4 years in that region. By releasing a new shirt every season, and hiking ticket prices I expect the income stream to remain healthy, and despite consumer confidence at a 10 year low, I expect brand loyalty will mean many long term customers will maintain their relationship with the company, and keep paying for the product despite the straightened economic conditions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasri Scoreng View Post
    Its not as bad, no - but undoubtedly we are now losing some of the lustre that we built up in the early 00's, and while the manager is more likely than not a fading force, our competitors are increasing in number. Add that to the fact that clearly there is an issue with the committment and mentality of our players, and its not looking too pretty, TBH.
    Well i do worry about champs league footie next year with both Spurs and the scouse undoubtedly going to be better but i will judge it on the 1st day of teh season when i see our staring line up, if its the same old shit playing the same shit way then yes, even I will join the negativity bandwagon. However if we are playing a more robust tactic with some new faces in there, and they dont have to even be these experienced winners people keep going on about, they just have to have the fight to make a stand when needed, then i will be chuffed and optimistic about the upcoming season.

What worries me is that Wenger says he would have to spend a great deal to get in players that would make a difference but i look at other teams players and i can see outstanding performers, maybe not the best ability or technically wise but certainly the standout players and i think "well we could get him for 5,6,7mil and he would make a BIG difference but i know Wenger wouldnt touch them with a very long bargepole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasri Scoreng View Post
    And that, my friends, is why tonight will be such a ponitless and empty exercise...
    I work in an environment where i have to answer such questions without ever answering them as well