User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Sunderland (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Ain't got nothing to moan about. Ain't got nothing to say
    Very quiet on here tonight! There are More posts when we lose?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say, after a good, convincing win compared to the other two teams in the title race, the bias on the BBC football homepage is astounding. Chelsea get a mention, Man City "keep up the pace on the leaders", or words to that effect (In spite of them being third and Us only a point behind Chelsea) and we get a small "sub-story" if you will about a Giroud double seeing off Sunderland.

We're allowed to be pessimists. I've said that time and time again. But if the media, who are continuously begging to see a title race, don't want to consider a team in 2nd as title contenders, it becomes rather infuriating.

On that note, Tony Gale can do one, too. Only things he speaks passionately about are West Ham and Michael Carrick.
    Formerly TMOKJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good win today, the acid test is the run in March though, until we prove we can beat the big boys then we won't be considered serious challengers IMO, we need to get through this mental block we seem to have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernesto View Post
    I have to say, after a good, convincing win compared to the other two teams in the title race, the bias on the BBC football homepage is astounding. Chelsea get a mention, Man City "keep up the pace on the leaders", or words to that effect (In spite of them being third and Us only a point behind Chelsea) and we get a small "sub-story" if you will about a Giroud double seeing off Sunderland.

We're allowed to be pessimists. I've said that time and time again. But if the media, who are continuously begging to see a title race, don't want to consider a team in 2nd as title contenders, it becomes rather infuriating.

On that note, Tony Gale can do one, too. Only things he speaks passionately about are West Ham and Michael Carrick.
    Watching the match on a stream he was very passionate about how bad sunderland were against us today and what he would be having them doing if he were in charge! He was so disappointed! He barely said a word after we scored our fourth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he is the most biased commentator i have ever listened too. According to him Sunderland could beat us anyday, but they let us score 2 amazing tiki-taka goals, just because they were bad, not us being good. If we made a foul;"Yep he kicked him", if sunderland made a foul;"Ah common, he was just having a go, he fell easily". It was disgusting to listen too. Somebody is paying him money to do this, are they not listening and be like "wtf am i paying this guy for??".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But as an Arsenal supporter who lived in England for over 10years, I've always found even among friends a general bias against us. We are always like a black sheep, which I don't understand?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's because the club is seen as pretentious and the personnel as sanctimonious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that this result showed what we know. We are more resilient this season, and are doing what we did second half of last season - ie getting results against lower table teams - with more efficiency/confidence. Where the question marks remain are over we have changed sufficiently to do so against the top 4, consistently. And this question hasn;t been answered yet. By any means.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it is quite amazing how short this thread is!

Great win and a delicious 3 points.....bit of a shame we conceded, but it was a very good goal. Glad Giroud scored and really wanted him to get a hat trick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    It's because the club is seen as pretentious and the personnel as sanctimonious.