User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Arsene 1000 not out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But if we win, it will be even more special..

And Wenger, maddening as hell sometimes, but undoubtedly an Arsenal legend. Transformed us into a modern day club and will leave behind a brilliant platform for any new manager coming in. Has given us some of the ultimate highs as fans, which will never be forgotten.

Unbeaten season. Cups and leagues. The champions league run. Taking it to old beetroot nose like no manager had done before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just seen this stat.

in the 92 seasons before Arsene arrived, we finished in the top four, 23 times. Since Arsene arrived, it has been 17 out of 17 seasons.

Remarkable consistency that.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a very good record but in fairness, there was no such thing as a top four then, in fact there was no such thing as a top 4 until 2003 really.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    It is a very good record but in fairness, there was no such thing as a top four then, in fact there was no such thing as a top 4 until 2003 really.
    It's true that the gap between the top few and 'the rest' has grown in the PL era but there is a perception from some on here that we've always been a big club (true) and we've always been up there (definitely not true). At times, even in my memory, we were a very mid-table side. And if you look back historically we've not been a side who regularly won trophies, not since the 30s. The fact we're now one of the top few and have stayed there despite the billionaires coming in and occupying two of the slots is pretty much all down to Wenger. If our expectations have been lowered somewhat over the last few years then it should be recognised that they were initially raised by Wenger.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In his Friday press conference Mourinho said, “I admire Wenger and I admire Arsenal, a club that stands by their manager in bad moments, of which there were quite a lot.”

What a cunt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger and we must simply win tomorrow, it doesn't get more must win than this! Deep down Wenger must be seething and gunning to put this idiot down once and for all. This shit ends tomorrow, come on Wenger and COYG!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    In his Friday press conference Mourinho said, “I admire Wenger and I admire Arsenal, a club that stands by their manager in bad moments, of which there were quite a lot.”

What a cunt
    Still trying to convince the world that he has the hardest job in football, I see, even though he probably has one of the easiest jobs in football...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a cunt
    Even when trying to be remotely respectful he has to take a little swipe.

God how sweet would it be if we won tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a cunt
    Sums him up as a person. He's in incredibly jealous of what Arsene because he will never have it. In years to come Arsene will be talked about as a legend, a person who changed football etc, mourinho won't be mentioned. He wants a legacy but will never have one and he hates it.

Also he's a cunt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, this is more of a celebratory thread. Let's leave the Mourinho crap for the match thread.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.