User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction Arsenal v/s Burnley, Nov 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    The problem with Podolski is that he doesn't fit anywhere in our system. He doesn't have the pace, guile or dribbling ability to be effective out wide and he's practically non-existent when he plays as a lone striker. He needs to play upfront with another striker but I'm not a fan of that idea, at least not to fit Podolski into the side.
    Yep, good finisher but when you're rarely in a position to make a difference then it doesn't matter. He'll be gone in January or next summer. Wenget knows he's not his cup of tea.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Yep, good finisher but when you're rarely in a position to make a difference then it doesn't matter. He'll be gone in January or next summer. Wenget knows he's not his cup of tea.
    If he wasn't on ridicolous wages and if was happy with it, I would be more than prepared to keep Podolski around as our Solskajaer - the guy you throw on in the last 20 minutes to help you get a goal in a match you're chasing. He's rather good at that ........ problem is that's all he's good for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if he played a full league season he would get 10+ goals and would have as many games where he scored or looked a threat as games where he was completely anonymous. The issue is whether that contribution is deemed to be enough to a team over a season.

Most of us don't and Wenger doesn't either.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People getting excited again

We ain't winning jack shit. Don't get your hopes up. We were top for 128 days and still bundled into 4th.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is getting excited?

No one thinks we'll win the league - Chelsea are a a machine who will probably grind their way to the title - but we're back in the top 4 and in touch with City. We're hardly in the crisis some were claiming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    People getting excited again

We ain't winning jack shit. Don't get your hopes up. We were top for 128 days and still bundled into 4th.
    If we keep on playing like we did in the last 30 mins of that game, and if we can play Burnley every week and in all the cups and every round of the CL - we'll do the treble.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone's definitely getting their hopes up around here. Fucking idiots.

I for one, am enlightened.

We won't win the quadruple and then you won't be celebrating.

And I'll be right again. And I'll post about it here again to prove to you all that you were comprehensively wrong about believing we were the best team on the planet after beating Burnley.

The internet is mine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WAKE UP SHEEPLE!
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    If we keep on playing like we did in the last 30 mins of that game, and if we can play Burnley every week and in all the cups and every round of the CL - we'll do the treble.