User Tag List

Page 303 of 710 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353403 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 7091

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What’s all this “short-circuiting” nonsense about? If we have a 2 week mini lockdown it isn’t going to make the virus go away is it? Would be quite annoyed if they shut pubs and restaurants again.

Just let this thing play out and those who are vulnerable or just plain paranoid and uncomfortable can protect themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what sounds good about now?

Chaos with Ed Milliband.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    What’s all this “short-circuiting” nonsense about? If we have a 2 week mini lockdown it isn’t going to make the virus go away is it?
    It would probably help if everyone did it, but they won't because everyone is sick of this shit now. There aren't piles of bodies in the street.
    Yes, a lot of old, vulnerable people have died. And more probably will. So sure, try and protect them. But let the rest of us get on with it. I'll take my chances if you will.
    And no, it won't make it go away, at best it'll stall things a bit.

Would be quite annoyed if they shut pubs and restaurants again.
    That would be a disaster. So many places are going to go bust anyway, any more lockdown will only make that worse.

Just let this thing play out and those who are vulnerable or just plain paranoid and uncomfortable can protect themselves.
    Exactly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54228649

This is the only bloke vaguely close to common sense on the Beeb. He’s been pretty good throughout.....

Makes you wonder why he’s not more front and centre....not explosive or dramatic enough I guess.
    He reasons and writes in a manner that could cause the average person to think for themselves, rather than be spoon fed by the likes of that awful woman who followed up the press conference with her loaded and leading questions. He also opens the discussion to a wider viewpoint by allowing dissenters a voice, including scientists who retain pre-2020 scientific discipline and historians who remember back past March.

All in all, he's not prime time BBC material. No fear, no framing, no omission or obfuscation. His main purpose, I suspect, will be to provide a quiet balance should the BBC ever be effectively challenged on their wearisome bias.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    *sigh*

they're a publicly-funded news broadcaster, they can hardly say no to broadcasting a government press conference can they...
    Where did I suggest they should not have covered it? Although, I get your point. If we pretend I said that, then Letters can sweep in with another of his selfless displays of gut wrenching ignorance, disguised as mild, chiding humour. Teamwork.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A well earned:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    I do believe Johnson has made decisions that he thought were correct, whether they were or not is another matter.

I think one of the major issues is that he has appointed only idiots loyal to him to cabinet or as advisors. They have been completely found out during the past 12 months yet decent tory MPs who would be much more suitable to high office have been either driven out of the party altogether at the election or overlook to sit on back benches.

I think MPs like Tom Tugendhat, Huw Merrinman, Rory Stewart, David Guake etc would be doing much better then this lot
    Politicians made it clear from Day 2 they were following "The Science". Spaghetti models and junk science has led us to where we are today. When established medical practises and science were abandoned it placed the politicians in a position of either following along or facing a storm of condemnation from the corporate funded media, and therefore the nose-ring electorate. This crisis tells us more about the unelected decision makers than the elected, so-called decision makers. Regardless of who was PM or minister for this or that, how do you think they could have played it differently? Smoother language maybe? Like an Obama? Exact same shit but it sounds nicer? I'd say, if Johnson is to be accused of anything it should be his lack of courage and conviction in doing what he told us in the early days was right. And if he has to pay a price for those failings then the buck stops with him, as per the rules which are so routinely ignored but, in these matters, tend to hold sway. And behind it all lurks Brexit and one last potential roll of the dice for the pro-EU quislings who will be watching developments intently. Mustn't provide them with any last minute opportunities.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    A well earned:
    And sometimes he works alone. So versatile.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    What’s all this “short-circuiting” nonsense about? If we have a 2 week mini lockdown it isn’t going to make the virus go away is it? Would be quite annoyed if they shut pubs and restaurants again.

this

we ate out last night and the owner of the restaurant said another lockdown would finish them off and loads of others too

keeping things open and getting people to keep sanitising, distancing to a reasonable degree etc and we can get through - another lockdown will just cause chaos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    I do believe Johnson has made decisions that he thought were correct, whether they were or not is another matter.

I think one of the major issues is that he has appointed only idiots loyal to him to cabinet or as advisors. They have been completely found out during the past 12 months yet decent tory MPs who would be much more suitable to high office have been either driven out of the party altogether at the election or overlook to sit on back benches.

I think MPs like Tom Tugendhat, Huw Merrinman, Rory Stewart, David Guake etc would be doing much better then this lot
    Johnson miscalculated early and he did not attend early briefings.

The shitshow that ensued was not a coincidence.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.