User Tag List

Page 3111 of 3253 FirstFirst ... 2111261130113061310131093110311131123113312131613211 ... LastLast
Results 31,101 to 31,110 of 32526

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I had to Google "snow job". Never heard that phrase before:
    "a deception or concealment of one's real motive in an attempt to flatter or persuade."

That's what you think it is?
    Dear me.

Well, I said previously that you infer malicious intent too easily and you have an extreme distrust of authority.
    I never said you had "mental issues". But...
    If you seriously misinterpret genuine questions as a "snow job".
    If you can hear about the army going door to door in Birmingham handing out Covid tests and conclude that it's to "get us used to the presence of the army on our streets".
    Then yeah, I think you have some issues dude.

Especially when the army fail to arrive, the curfews and checkpoints don't materialise, and you refuse to admit you were wrong or consider why.
    It's not rational. And it doesn't seem to be doing you much good. Which brings me back to the original question about what you're getting out of this.
    Sorry fella, was just trying to get a mention in for the actual subject of the initial post. The thing you have typed 10,000 words to avoid. The definition of a snow job, btw.

I do apologise for misinterpreting your deceptive intentions.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Sorry fella, was just trying to get a mention in for the actual subject of the initial post. The thing you have typed 10,000 words to avoid.
    I already responded about AI.
    Care to respond to my question? No? Fair enough

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, maybe you're on to something...

https://news.sky.com/story/windsor-c...queen-12915353

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already responded about AI.
    Care to respond to my question? No? Fair enough
    Yep, I saw you moving the focus from the media and AI to AI in general. Obviously stuff like that doesn't work on me, so I passed on the invitation to change the subject.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, maybe you're on to something...

https://news.sky.com/story/windsor-c...queen-12915353

You are either a propaganda genius or the most trivial man alive.

You are good training for the coming challenges with AI though. Imagine, a tireless protagonist that relentlessly distracts using every means available. The only option will be to set another bot against it and go to the pub.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm keeping an eye on the situation in Ukraine, as I do think it's worth seeing what I can do about it.

I got myself an Australian passport (long story) as soon as I could after the 2022 invasion, just in case I need to very quickly put a planet between myself and Europe.

If the front lines ever feel like they're moving closer to home, that's my get out of jail free card. It's not perfect, Australia's pretty NATO aligned and could get dragged into it too, but it's a good option to have.

If conscription starts becoming a serious political debate in this country, off I fuck.

I have my own biases about who I think should win and I do kinda follow it for that reason as well, but that's such a propaganda minefield that I don't think it's worth getting into all that much. What I'm concerned with is, in the unlikely scenario that They™ try to throw me into the meat grinder, how do I escape?
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    If conscription starts becoming a serious political debate in this country, off I fuck.
    Being old

I remember when I was a kid and we were learning about the World Wars worrying about a big war breaking out while I was of age to be conscripted.
    I'm more likely to be in Dad's Army these days

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being old

I remember when I was a kid and we were learning about the World Wars worrying about a big war breaking out while I was of age to be conscripted.
    I'm more likely to be in Dad's Army these days
    Yeah

I'm 30 this year so it'll become less of a worry with each passing year, but still good to have an out, just in case.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    I'm 30 this year.
    Holy shit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would conscription become a consideration? (And I know even by writing this I risk a lecture that I’m not going to ever read by NQ)

The irony is this conflict in Ukraine has been prolonged by the unwillingness to direct military engagement, and let’s be fair most of us are even above the age where we’d be considered for enlistment to help in a war that was going really badly (the way the Russians are recruiting murderers in true Dirty Dozen style)

As for escalation into a nuclear conflict, the only people ultimately you should be afraid of having nuclear weapons are Islamic fundamentalist states like Saudi or Iran….because their belief system incorporates a large desire to bring about the end of the world.

For everyone else it’s a Pandora’s box full of too many variables to be worth the risk. Of course there’s the risk of miscalculation or even technological error.