User Tag List

Page 3167 of 3230 FirstFirst ... 216726673067311731573165316631673168316931773217 ... LastLast
Results 31,661 to 31,670 of 32299

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I have been reliably informed by MrsL that our family pet will be a dog.
    I am mostly on board with that plan, but they are a pain in the arse in some ways.
    Dogs are a pain in the arse, but so are children.

And dogs in many ways are like kids, they want your attention, they can be fun and amusing but they can also be sulky and demanding….and they won’t always do what you tell them to do.

What I see on social media loads is people exploiting the fact that they’ve done nothing to prevent their dogs developing bad habbits including mouthing, bothering you for your food etc

You’ve basically got two options. Get a puppy and it’s hard work but you will with the right training be able to mould the Dog to how best suits you…which I think especially when you have kids is important because it teaches the kids at the same time to respect the dog’s boundaries.

Or you can get a rescue dog, now all my dogs were rescue dogs and I loved them all the same but ultimately they come with far more baggage because they haven’t always had the happiest starts in life, a lot of them have abandonment issues (which can make them destructive if they are left home alone) and you simply don’t know how they will be with children…most of the time absolutely fine…but it’s hard to know what might make a dog snap.

But those are the down sides, they make excellent companions….they are on the whole loyal and good natured…also they all have a sense of humour…don’t let anyone tell you they don’t. And they prefer people even to other dogs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Fair enough. I'm off to find yours and Herbert's great works that counterbalance the playful mindlessness you suggest is downtime. I'll let you know when I find something.
    Good luck finding it on here. This place is my downtime
    You think chat on here is going to change the world?

But the millions who could make a difference? When they spend their precious time wasting time - well that tells you who is to blame. For all of it.
    And what are you doing? Apart from your pontifications on here which isn't going to make any difference.
    Come on. You talk a lot. What are you actually doing?

But you then go on to claim you believe in God.
    What has this got to do with anything?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been reliably informed by MrsL that our family pet will be a dog.
    I am mostly on board with that plan, but they are a pain in the arse in some ways.
    true although it depends on the dog, I wouldn't get one but one of my siblings got a small, very well-behaved dog which has fitted into their small house quite well. You just need to make sure there's enough volunteers to take it for walks - oh and be comfortable with picking up s**t in a little black plastic bag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post

Or you can get a rescue dog, now all my dogs were rescue dogs and I loved them all the same but ultimately they come with far more baggage because they haven’t always had the happiest starts in life, a lot of them have abandonment issues (which can make them destructive if they are left home alone) and you simply don’t know how they will be with children…most of the time absolutely fine…but it’s hard to know what might make a dog snap.
    Dogs Trust have a good system where you pick your favourites from their list, then give them some information about you and they decide based on that which one(s) would be a good fit for you.

We had 4 picked out and they whittled it down to just one for us.

He has some separation anxiety, but one of us is almost always at home and they've given us a lot of advice and reading material to help train him out of it so we'll see how it goes.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Dogs Trust have a good system where you pick your favourites from their list, then give them some information about you and they decide based on that which one(s) would be a good fit for you.

We had 4 picked out and they whittled it down to just one for us.

He has some separation anxiety, but one of us is almost always at home and they've given us a lot of advice and reading material to help train him out of it so we'll see how it goes.

Yeah Dogs Trust are a little bit more thorough in the adoption process than Battersea certainly ever was

I don’t know if still the case, but Battersea you could turn up on the day and bring dog back home with you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Getting a dog this weekend
    Why? They eat, shit and sleep. Why do you feel the need to take on something that eats, shits and sleeps?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    This.

Is why you are so lost.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And what are you doing? Apart from your pontifications on here which isn't going to make any difference.

The world is bathed in an evil we haven't witnessed since WWII. And yet you, the believer most devout, asks why God has anything to do with anything? Sort of proves my point, doesn't it? God as a fashion accessory.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm making you feel like the Godless coward you are.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Letters. Surely you realised when you (supposedly) accepted God, there would be a reckoning? It's not like a stamp collecting club. You get that much, right?

Or are you one of those God types who believe that if other people can see you being Godly in public then God will develop blindness?

Doesn't work like that.

The fight is now. Are you in it or out? You signed on the dotted line. Were you serious when you made your mark?
    Für eure Sicherheit