Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...tribunal-rules

I'm going to take you all to the cleaners
    I’ve never mocked you for being bald (I wasn’t even aware of the fact) I’ve mocked you for being short

I’ve been listening to a podcast where a woman states that men (young men especially) are feeling a sense of despair and isolation and lack friends who they have emotional connections with. Now my first thought would be that this woman is projecting her own thoughts/feelings on others but a) apparently men have told her this as she’s been doing research and collecting data b) I get the impression with male clients that this is the case, whether it’s friendship or a relationship many men are seeking connection.

I can’t say this is something I’ve ever felt myself, i remember after my mum died a couple of mates text me and said “if you ever want to talk” which I’m not saying wasn’t a nice thing for them to do. But ironically, the last thing I want to do is talk to people about my feelings…..it’s not that I’ve come from a background where ive been told men have to be stoic and resilient but actually I think most of us would be better off if we did keep a bit more of a stiff upper lip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I’ve never mocked you for being bald (I wasn’t even aware of the fact) I’ve mocked you for being short

I’ve been listening to a podcast where a woman states that men (young men especially) are feeling a sense of despair and isolation and lack friends who they have emotional connections with. Now my first thought would be that this woman is projecting her own thoughts/feelings on others but a) apparently men have told her this as she’s been doing research and collecting data b) I get the impression with male clients that this is the case, whether it’s friendship or a relationship many men are seeking connection.

I can’t say this is something I’ve ever felt myself, i remember after my mum died a couple of mates text me and said “if you ever want to talk” which I’m not saying wasn’t a nice thing for them to do. But ironically, the last thing I want to do is talk to people about my feelings…..it’s not that I’ve come from a background where ive been told men have to be stoic and resilient but actually I think most of us would be better off if we did keep a bit more of a stiff upper lip.
    Young men have been told they're evil just for being men their entire lives, there are no positive masculine role models for them. It's why people like Andrew Tate resonate, he's also bald and doesn't let that effect him. He's Top G.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    Young men have been told they're evil just for being men their entire lives, there are no positive masculine role models for them. It's why people like Andrew Tate resonate, he's also bald and doesn't let that effect him. He's Top G.
    He’s a human trafficker and the world’s biggest closet case. Jimmy Carr described him as a 14 year olds boys idea of what someone rich and successful looks like

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    Young men have been told they're evil just for being men their entire lives.
    No they haven’t

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    No they haven’t
    Whilst it’s an exaggeration, I do think that we live in a far more feminised society than we used to and as a result you can see a lot of young men being left behind. And for them not to be left behind, they are told they need to be more in touch with their feelings.
    Whilst obviously everyone is different, when you look at things on average….men are more aggressive, competitive and status driven than women. And the term toxic masculinity is often associated with those traits.

We also don’t teach our children the value of resilience and stoicism, the maxim that whatever doesn’t kill you can make you stronger. It’s not these values in my view that makes certain men entitled and boorish. And they are traits that it would be just as good to teach to girls as to boys, and in my opinion if we did this we’d see an end to this spiking in anxiety levels amongst young people.
    It’s not telling people to man up, it’s about teaching people that adversity and obstacles can be good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alex Salmond has died, I won’t lie I couldn’t stand the guy but 69 is no age these days and didn’t actually wish him dead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s a human trafficker and the world’s biggest closet case. Jimmy Carr described him as a 14 year olds boys idea of what someone rich and successful looks like
    Unlikely he's a human trafficker.

I don't really follow him and no doubt like all these social media "influencers" no doubt he's largely full of shit and a bit of a caricature but the clips I have seen he does have an important message and says things that do make sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alex Salmond has died, I won’t lie I couldn’t stand the guy but 69 is no age these days and didn’t actually wish him dead
    Died suddenly just a few hours after giving a speech. Strange.