Page 39 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Shit and Everything Else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Couldn’t afford to

With the premier league you’re paying high prices for a player you know can perform at the required level.

To be honest, I wish we’d do more shopping abroad.
    Maybe Tavares and Lokonga put them off

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I guess we're Tonali deaf

Nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Maybe Tavares and Lokonga put them off
    I actually like Tavares, I mean he can’t defend but neither can Zinchenko and he didn’t cost us 30+ million

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Rice is City bound. FFS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can explain yourself as many times as you like.

I don’t think we got anywhere near the valuation Shaktah placed on Mudryk, even with add ons what we offered did not amount to 88.5million which is what Chelsea’s deal for him amounted to.

I’m sorry you don’t like this but it is quite standard to pay off the transfer fee for a player over the length of the players contract, Amortisation works as an insurance policy in this regard.

And as I’ve said before the reason selling clubs make these offers public is because they want to leverage the most amount of money they can get from the buying club, whether that’s in cash up front or in the overall amount of the transfer fee.

What we did wrong with Mudryk was that we hung around too long hoping that the player wanting to come to us would force Shatkah’s hand that I agree was amateurish and we should have immediately moved on.

I sincerely hope we’ve learnt from this with West Ham, and if the third bid isn’t enough…walk away.

What you stated in bold is a falsehood which I am almost certain you've been corrected on in the past. Our bid (or should I say valuation ) ended up being the same as Chelsea's, it was confirmed at the time from numerous sources and reconfirmed a few days later by a party actually directly involved in it.

In an interview with The Athletic, Palkin revealed that Shakhtar rejected a bid from Arsenal which, including add-ons, matched Chelsea's £88m bid.
    He said: 'When they (Arsenal) proposed the final offer of €70million (£62m) plus €30million (£26m) in add-ons, we sat down and started to talk internally about how it will be fulfilled in terms of the payments, the fixed part and the bonus issues.'We realised we will not close this deal (with Arsenal). I said to Edu (the Gunners sporting director) that I did my best but it was not possible.'
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...nce-close.html

Like Selassie has said severally, unrealistic add-ons (coupled with poor structuring) was/is our problem in these dealings and the Shakatar CEO re-echoed this. I mean everyone can't be telling lies.

Again on a lighter note, where were these ridiculous add ons when we really needed them, i.e. Pepe....Lille would have been the ones crying over last season and not us
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 22-06-2023 at 10:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    What you stated in bold is a falsehood which I am almost certain you've been corrected on in the past. Our bid (or should I say valuation ) ended up being the same as Chelsea's, it was confirmed at the time from numerous sources and reconfirmed a few days later by a party actually directly involved in it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...nce-close.html

Like Selassie has said severally, unrealistic add ons was/is our problem in these dealings and the Shakatar CEO re-echoed this. I mean everyone can't be telling lies.

Again on a lighter note, where were these ridiculous add ons when we really needed them, i.e. Pepe....Lille would have been the ones crying over last season and not us
    Unrealistic add on, you mean like winning the title? Which you clearly told me at the time we were favourites for?

Ultimately either way if Chelsea paid more up front then they outbid us for him. Especially if more of the money we offered was contingency based. And I’m glad they did

I also find it hilarious how you complain about Nicolas Pepe and yet bemoan the structure of our payments and the add ons. Frankly unless the add on clause is for the player achieving world peace, it’s not ridiculously unrealistic to add premier league or even European cup winning add on clauses.

If City want a downgrade on Gundogan and want to pay more cash up front let them do so.

Either way it’s still clear that both Shatkah and West Ham wanted a bidding war. Otherwise neither would have got the amount they are looking for. At most it appears West Ham will get 90million for Rice. And If City get their offer accepted before we come back with a third offer, it will again make it more likely that what I’ve said about KSE is correct.

Either way structured payments and add ons are an insurance policy and given what you’ve said about Pepe it’s something you know deep down is true.

Whoever is in charge of negotiating transfers at the club I don’t see how that will change either so you’re bemoaning the rising of the tide
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 22-06-2023 at 10:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Looks like Rice is City bound. FFS.
    Good, finally can end this pointless fucking saga and move on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://twitter.com/arsenalbuzzcom/s...k_DvSqUkaQFrjw

If that’s genuinely what it will take to prise him from West Ham, I’m actually hoping it’s City that do get him…

Well no that’s a lie…I hope City get him anyway. Don’t want him, never have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More on this, buttressing what Selassie said:

WHY DID MUDRYK JOIN CHELSEA OVER ARSENAL? The Gunners' interest in Mudryk was made clear in the summer of 2022, and he reportedly agreed personal terms on deadline day, but the move failed to materialise. They returned for him this winter but failed with a bid at the beginning of the month before being edged out at the finish line by rivals Chelsea. Palkin went on to explain why Chelsea's final offer was "more serious" than Arsenal's with regards to the set up of bonuses. "Different time (schedule) of the payments, different kinds of bonuses," he said. "Yes, we can talk about bonuses, but these bonuses should be somehow achievable and realistic, let’s say. Therefore, in this case, Chelsea was much more serious and fair in some points."
    more

Palkin was also asked if Mudryk's contract at Chelsea includes a Ballon d'Or clause, to which he replied: "Chelsea’s offer has no Ballon d’Or (clause). It is achievable bonuses that we feel, and they feel, can be reached. Maybe not this year but in the next two, three or four years."

Palkin did, however, confirm that Shakhtar will receive bonus payments if Mudryk wins the Premier League or Champions League during his time in west London. "Yes. It has these kinds of bonuses," he said.
    https://www.goal.com/en/news/explain...4f3d4bfe52ecc4

Who knows, maybe if we had actually finished the job and won the league this season West Ham wouldn't be getting so wound up about us inserting these kind of clauses.... really, who could have guessed that failure would have such an expensive price ?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good, finally can end this pointless fucking saga and move on
    Its funny, but something tells me we'll sail this one through (player power will undoubtedly help here)....I'm just whinging because I detest drama and the fact that we obviously haven't learnt any lessons at all.