User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Cardiff (home) 2-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got drenched on the way to the match. Was in the first row of the North Bank upper and the wind blew rain on us up there. It has been a long time since I felt that cold at a match. I don't think MOe will be thanking me now for telling him there were tickets available.

That must have been very tough for the teams to play in. But it was more advantageous to Cardiff as the weather was a leveller for sure.

That said, we showed a lack of inventiveness up front to the point where we couldn't even get a clear shot on target for most of the match.

I have to give Bendtner credit, he was lively from the moment he came on, right up to the goal and subsequent injury.

I noticed that Theo was getting stick, but I thought he had another good game but was short of options when he had the ball, but managed to beat a few players to get some balls into the box.

I've been to better games, but am grateful for the three points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    I got drenched on the way to the match. Was in the first row of the North Bank upper and the wind blew rain on us up there. It has been a long time since I felt that cold at a match. I don't think MOe will be thanking me now for telling him there were tickets available.

That must have been very tough for the teams to play in. But it was more advantageous to Cardiff as the weather was a leveller for sure.

That said, we showed a lack of inventiveness up front to the point where we couldn't even get a clear shot on target for most of the match.

I have to give Bendtner credit, he was lively from the moment he came on, right up to the goal and subsequent injury.

I noticed that Theo was getting stick, but I thought he had another good game but was short of options when he had the ball, but managed to beat a few players to get some balls into the box.

I've been to better games, but am grateful for the three points.
    Theo seems to have added to his game this season, probably worried by the hype over Andros Townsend. He has discovered it seems that you can actually do more than just run headlong in one direction. He now checks back, changes direction and feints. Soon he may graduate to doing step overs. Seems he wants that holiday in Brazil with the rest of the boys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The weather was indeed horrific but I was nestled safely under the clock end.

Game should have been dead and buried long before it was. Thank fuck we got the job done in the end because it would have been a very poor result otherwise.

Well done to Dennis.

Little bit disappointed we weren't ruthless today but I suppose Cardiff were quite stubborn defensively.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta say, fair play to bendtner. He saw his chance and took it, cant argue with that.

It would just be nice if he was doing it for the club, shirt and team rather than himself.

But....what a win. Everyone else took the points today and it was close to being a typical day from seasons past where we drop points and loose confidence and table position.

Instead we knuckled down a ground out a win. So fucking proud of this team, and hats off to Bould who clearly has some new influence of wenger and the defence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    Was going to make the point that we seem to be struggling at handling the extreme weather. I think it didn't help against Chelsea and again today, but hopefully conditions won't be as bad for the rest of the league games.

Absolutely battered them in the second half though. Mertesacker missed two heading chances, Wilshere hit the post. With Kos' quick interceptions and Sagna getting up and down the right side, we had wave after wave of attacks. There were a couple of instances where Cazorla, Podolski, Wilshere and Walcott had the ball in very good positions but were too greedy. That has been noticeable for a while now, actually. But when everyone is crying about players chickening out, this was always going to be the natural response.

Good that we've managed to win the games without Ozil and Ramsey. Wenger says Ozil could be back for Saturday which would be very handy.

9th clean sheet for us in the league. Defence could do it for us this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 clean sheets and just the one goal conceded from a Chesney error since the City horror show.

Fair to say that was an anomaly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    todays win and the newcastle win are just fantastic. we played quite badly in those two games yet took 6 points. those are the wins that make you champions. great to see the comeback from the city game. great end to 2013, great start to 2014.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bendy isn't all that bad. Hats off to him and it's a shame he's injured. Always had a decent goal record for us when he played but was never trusted as the lead striker. The Chamakh signing was the last straw for him and it went sour from then on.

Great 3 points and itching to see the highlights. Was sweating for ages whilst it was 0-0.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope shearer is on MoTD tonight.

See if he comes out with the same shit again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    I hope shearer is on MoTD tonight.

See if he comes out with the same shit again.
    "If the ref had given the blatent penalty to Cardiff, it could have been a different game"
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.