Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe this guy could be the answer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Tuesdays View Post
    This quote is doing the rounds in the media today so, if he's after an EPL CB who do you think it'll be:

Samba
    Jagielka
    Phil Jones
    Cahill
    Samba would probably offer the best value and possibly offers us most of what we're lacking in the team right now. I'm not sure he's the solution though, at least not the long term one.

Long term, Phil Jones is the one I want out of the list, this kid is a BEAST already, he's strong, quick, excellent in the air and a good ball player. Once he's fully developed he has all the tools in his locker to be a World Class Centre Back IMHO. He's good enough to claim a spot in our team now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We want to be moving forward not backwards, this is why i dont want cahill or Jags they arent what we need, and we already have a team of players who arent what we need. Samba is the perfect fit as he will terrify the other defenders into doing what they are supposed to as opposed to trotting off up the pitch or signing autographs for the crowd while facing another wave of attack.

I think him in there with a dominant, big, mouthy goalie and our defence would be infinately better, Wojjy isnt the man yet, i think he will be but not yet if we could get someone comng to the end of their career who could mentor him while adding to the team i would be a very happy man.

We have a spine as a team but sadly its made of bubble wrap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if we could get someone comng to the end of their career who could mentor him
    ala my last post......maybe not that far at the end of his career but I have seen stranger things happen at Arsenal......with a decent defence Jens could be smart move......or if that is too far fetched then Given

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given is exactly the wrong kind of keeper for us, we already have very good shot stoppers, Almunia is a very good shot stopper sadly he, like Given is too small, not dominant and cant bloody catch.

We need a big strapping keeper who can knock people out the way to catch crossers and who will be vocal to the point of irratating to his defence. There isnt one in the premiership we could get which forces us abroad sadly as that causes yet more communication issues due to the language barriers.

I still wouldnt be surprised to see Schwarzer come in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mad Dog Jens it is then!

(btw anybody else have to keep logging in again if they leave the site for a few mins?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Japan Shaking All Over View Post
    Mad Dog Jens it is then!

(btw anybody else have to keep logging in again if they leave the site for a few mins?)
    http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=120

It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Jones seemingly looking Man U bound I wonder if this means Blackburn will refuse to sell Samba?

We could be facing a situation this summer where Cahill is our only available PL based option and that's a pretty big if with Citeh looking interested.

I guess we'll soon see what happens but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't sign a CB this summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    With Jones seemingly looking Man U bound I wonder if this means Blackburn will refuse to sell Samba?

We could be facing a situation this summer where Cahill is our only available PL based option and that's a pretty big if with Citeh looking interested.

I guess we'll soon see what happens but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't sign a CB this summer.
    Yeah to be honest we're so slow off the mark (maybe deliberate) that all the options soon disappear and move to other clubs. Wenger probably isn't interested anyway, he's probably looking in France again for someone cheapish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    Yeah to be honest we're so slow off the mark (maybe deliberate) that all the options soon disappear and move to other clubs. Wenger probably isn't interested anyway, he's probably looking in France again for someone cheapish.
    Yeah I fear the same.