Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour Butts View Post
    103 goals in 169 appearances for RM since 2007
    thats shite. no thanks.

prefer bendtner. at least he got 104 in 169 appearances for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not convinced by Higuain either.

Not going to say he's shit, his stats don't lie, but I wouldn 't imagine it would be that hard to score for Real Madrid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour Butts View Post
    8 quality players to compete? I think that is wide of the mark. I think we are literally 3 very good players away from a PL winning team
    You're nuts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    anyway selling song and not replacing him was one of the biggest fuck ups he's ever made. its no coincidence we've been nowhere near 1st place since we sold flamini tbh, the last real DM we had, so to sell song (who papered over the cracks) and not replace him was immoral. say what you want about flamster but he was bloody effective. then we had song who was a downgrade and a pretty crap DM tbh but he still managed to become a vital cog in our team due to his responsibilities. i cant remember how many times ive said 'we need to sign a DM' but im getting sick and tired of it. arteta is no DM. he is good alongside a DM i.e. like last season. he links up play and keeps things flowing, he is not the person who should be putting his body on the line and making the crunching tackles. signing a DM would add aggression and presence in our midfield and prevent teams steam rolling us like they were doing at the start of the season.

1. We've conceded less goals and scored more without Song.
    2. Song is shit.
    3. None of the best teams in the world play with a DM. That's so 1998.
    4. Arteta isn't good enough but he's better than Song.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not convinced by Higuain either. He's better than Benzema though, he's one of the most overrated players I've ever seen.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbo View Post
    1. We've conceded less goals and scored more without Song.
    2. Song is shit.
    3. None of the best teams in the world play with a DM. That's so 1998.
    4. Arteta isn't good enough but he's better than Song.
    1. sometimes goals and stats cover up reality. we conceded less this season but thats due to the defence being much better than last season. at the start of last season we lost 2-0 at home to liverpool, got thumped 8-2 at old trafford in the next game and let in 4 against blackburn 2 games later. per and santos ( ) had just arrived and the defence was unsettled. song was playing in a rubber dingy team. this season we were much more settled at the back going into the season and bould was introduced to our coaching staff. it made a huge difference. we started off with 3 clean sheets. arteta was playing in a cruise ship.

so the better stats this season masked the midfield frailties. things such as our physical weakness, lack of presence etc. got much better towards the end of the season when someone told the team to actually start playing without fear and with a bit more aggression.

2. i agree. re-read my original post.

3. barca have busquets, madrid alonso, pirlo in italy, city have garcia (not saying he's good just pointing out to the fact they play with DMs). so it's not 1998. its reality. and if you dont play with a DM, at least have a bunch of fighters or players with physical presence. barca may be a bunch of midgets but i wouldnt mess with half of them. you dont get that feeling with us.

4. arteta is better than song in the position next to dm yes. in dm? no chance.

but i really cant be arsed to get in a debate about song. id rather not waste my breath on him. lets see what arsene does over the summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need an actual left winger more than the rest tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBapologist View Post
    We need an actual left winger more than the rest tbh.
    yes...although santi could in theory play there...then we would have to get in another #10 type player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cazorla is no good out wide. far better in the middle. when he is out wide, he drifts in, like theo does and we lose width. we need a winger but i can see us sticking with you gerv - although ox deserves a run.

And Higuain? Great finished and predator in the box but no pace and far better in a front two than playing by himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering we have evolved/devolved into an efficient, grindy, passionate, honest pub team that gets the job done, two kwhality attacking players are essential.

Time for Reus and Falcao to come home.

Or Ryo and Sanogo.