Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Chelsea

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonasTC View Post
    With a world class striker, atleast we would have had 3 points today and still be top of the league
    And we now have 1 month to find that.

If he wants it, he'll buy one.

How much does Wenger want it ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    It's funny how people think all of our problems would magically be solved if we sign a world class striker - they wont. Our problems run deeper than that.
    Might have been true in previous years but I do think it's a fairly obvious issue this season.

Of course there's no magic solution but we have a striker who's remit is to bring the midfield into play. You have to wonder what a more savvy and selfish striker could do with the sort of ammunition we have at our disposal.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need a striker that creates his own chances.

Giroud doesn't do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Red Ribbon View Post
    We need a striker that creates his own chances.

Giroud doesn't do that.
    hmm with our midfield, our strikers shouldn't need to create chances, they should be finishing them.

however, all out bids for falcao, lewandoski and costa. one should be gettable. got to get one of those

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he could create his own chances, it would just be a bonus. Our team provides enough chances for our striker, all we need is for him to be clinical and score on them. There hasnt been one game this season, where Giroud havent been fed with a chance he should score on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MOëL View Post
    Might have been true in previous years but I do think it's a fairly obvious issue this season.

Of course there's no magic solution but we have a striker who's remit is to bring the midfield into play. You have to wonder what a more savvy and selfish striker could do with the sort of ammunition we have at our disposal.
    He had two very good chances today and three good chances against City. The first one he missed was similar to one of the chances against City.

Also, because we've been relying upon Ramsey to score goals, he's playing way too far up the pitch for some games and it's leaving us exposed. Ozil needs to sort his game out too. He's playing like a pussy. Totally anonymous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the ollie and the ivy View Post
    chelsea's record against the big sides this season. played united, chelsea and spurs away. all draws and all boring games. they were lucky to beat city at home. they are shit and hardly capable of winning the big games based on this season.

everton were the best team we have played all season, its not throwing away a point, don't be stupid. man city was just awful, shocking and I'm glad we looked defensively good today. top place in the champions league is irrelevant, all sides in that draw would have been tough. funny that at christmas, the side who are top were made to look shit by us.

i never said newcastle was a 100% nailed n win, i said it should be winnable but we have to play well. second at christmas on goal difference, thats superb. you moaned we never competed when fighting for fourth, you moan when we are competing.
    If I'm honest I just don't believe in this side, I needed to see us produce something in the last few games, something that tells me we're capable of winning the league, I haven't seen that, we're not the best team and the best team usually wins the league. Until we can show we are capable of beating the top sides, I'm never going to truly believe and will continue to see us as 2nd tier. 2 points from 9 with 2 games at home is a poor return IMO.

A striker might help but I'm not sure Wenger will spend and don't know who is available, we need someone World class who can guarantee goals.
    Last edited by Özim; 23-12-2013 at 11:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    If I'm honest I just don't believe in this side, I needed to see us produce something in the last few games, something that tells me we're capable of winning the league, I haven't seen that, we're not the best team and the best team usually wins the league.
    well what have you seen that chelsea and city have convinced you they are the best sides? poor away records? playing for draws in the big games? what? they have been poor this season, thats why we are above them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    given deans performance tonight this picture has been going around. its shocking he is allowed to ref our games

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BcMrrJuCEAA17Bt.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the ollie and the ivy View Post
    given deans performance tonight this picture has been going around. its shocking he is allowed to ref our games

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BcMrrJuCEAA17Bt.jpg
    That really should be looked into.