User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Man U reaction and player ratings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    He's kind of the most important player in the sense that when he is out the team we really suffer in that area of the pitch. I can't think of one other player in the team who if is out really weakens it, probably Jesus....though Eddie is fast improving. The issue is more to do with a Squad building problem that needs to be addressed in the next window or next summer.
    The point is that’s less about how good Partey is and how shit the other central midfielders are

Why do you think I keep banging on and on and on about this. It’s embarrassing having Xhaka in our midfield…to a degree Partey can cover for his inadequacies and his total lack of discipline but that we’ve spent 300 million since Arteta joined us and that central midfield is the state it is makes me wonder about Arteta’s mental stability.

We have three defenders who cost a combined total of 120 million pound and yet by playing this shite in front of them
    We are making them look like amateurs. This is what I mean when I say Arteta is sandbagging his own team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    The point is that’s less about how good Partey is and how shit the other central midfielders are

Why do you think I keep banging on and on and on about this. It’s embarrassing having Xhaka in our midfield…to a degree Partey can cover for his inadequacies and his total lack of discipline but that we’ve spent 300 million since Arteta joined us and that central midfield is the state it is makes me wonder about Arteta’s mental stability.

We have three defenders who cost a combined total of 120 million pound and yet by playing this shite in front of them
    We are making them look like amateurs. This is what I mean when I say Arteta is sandbagging his own team.
    Cool, lets buy a whole new midfield.

I personally think with an experienced reliable DM this team wouldn't be that far away from being a geniune top 4 team. Despite our good start top 4 is by no means guaranteed this year. City, Spurs and Liverpool will all finish above us, I would be shocked if they don't. We are in a battle with Chelsea and Man Utd for 4th place and I am not confident.
    Last edited by selassie; 04-09-2022 at 08:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes he is, but he is always injured too. I read a stat the other day he has only played 58% of Arsenal's games since he has been here. He is unreliable, constantly crocked. If Arteta thinks Tierney needs competition with the Zinchenko signing then our priority purchase should be a new DM and we should blow our budget on one. Partey can be a rotation option. We can't build the team around a crocked player.
    Ideally, maybe.

But it's really not that straightforward, is it? There's a reason Partey was 50m player and is on 200k per week. Replacing that takes the same again, thereabouts, and clubs like arsenal can't "rotate" that level of expendicture. You know this, so not really sure why you're posting this, tbh.

Apparently he was pretty resilient at Madrid. Weird he's had these issues. Someone like Tierney was predictable, given his history. They must think Partey has just been unlucky, but I'm speculating, clearly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Ideally, maybe.

But it's really not that straightforward, is it? There's a reason Partey was 50m player and is on 200k per week. Replacing that takes the same again, thereabouts, and clubs like arsenal can't "rotate" that level of expendicture. You know this, so not really sure why you're posting this, tbh.

Apparently he was pretty resilient at Madrid. Weird he's had these issues. Someone like Tierney was predictable, given his history. They must think Partey has just been unlucky, but I'm speculating, clearly.
    We were prepared to spend 50m on Raphinha with presumably the same kind of wage per week as say Partey. The money was available for that kind of signing this summer and it should have been made in Central Midfield.

As it stands Partey is only of half use to us, he spends far too much time out injured, he is not reliable and not a solid option, that is a fact. Whether he was resilient at Madrid means nothing now because he is unreliable at Arsenal.
    Last edited by selassie; 04-09-2022 at 09:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, lets buy a whole new midfield.

I personally think with an experienced reliable DM this team wouldn't be that far away from being a geniune top 4 team. Despite our good start top 4 is by no means guaranteed this year. City, Spurs and Liverpool will all finish above us, I would be shocked if they don't. We are in a battle with Chelsea and Man Utd for 4th place and I am not confident.
    You say it flippantly I say it with uptmost sincerity

We don’t need a whole new midfield we just need a better one than we have. Which means dumping Xhaka and Elneny. I’m ok with Lokonga as a squad player, and using Partey rotationally. Douglas Luiz and Tielemans as replacements for those two would exponentially improve the squad

Also we should have sold Tierney to Man City before bringing in Zinchenko.

The money wasted on Ben White we are playing him as a right back because Arteta sunk 50million on him rather than trust Saliba.

The recruitment policy has been a joke for every decent signing we’ve made, we’ve made a totally illogical and unnecessary one.

Thirty million on Skeet Ulrich? I don’t know how any fan with any brains would trust Arteta ever again. He’s a car crash of a manager. The process of building a young side through transfers and academy players is sound, no arguments there. But it can’t be left to a deranged and deluded individual like Arteta to control that process.

I won’t lie I fucking hate the guy, he’s destroying this club. At least Emery was easy to get rid of

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were prepared to spend 50m on Raphinha with presumably the same kind of wage per week as say Partey. The money was available for that kind of signing this summer and it should have been made in Central Midfield.

As it stands Partey is only of half use to us, he spends far too much time out injured, he is not reliable and not a solid option, that is a fact. Whether he was relisilient at Madrid means nothing now because he is unreliable at Arsenal.
    They could justify the outlay out wide given the abject paucity of senior options in that position. That's just not the case for Partey's actual fuckin position

WTF?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we all agree that we need quality defensive midfielders.....wow, who would have thought??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WTF? That White bloke cost £50mill? Wow, that's hilarious.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    You say it flippantly I say it with uptmost sincerity

We don’t need a whole new midfield we just need a better one than we have. Which means dumping Xhaka and Elneny. I’m ok with Lokonga as a squad player, and using Partey rotationally. Douglas Luiz and Tielemans as replacements for those two would exponentially improve the squad

Also we should have sold Tierney to Man City before bringing in Zinchenko.

The money wasted on Ben White we are playing him as a right back because Arteta sunk 50million on him rather than trust Saliba.

The recruitment policy has been a joke for every decent signing we’ve made, we’ve made a totally illogical and unnecessary one.

Thirty million on Skeet Ulrich? I don’t know how any fan with any brains would trust Arteta ever again. He’s a car crash of a manager. The process of building a young side through transfers and academy players is sound, no arguments there. But it can’t be left to a deranged and deluded individual like Arteta to control that process.

I won’t lie I fucking hate the guy, he’s destroying this club. At least Emery was easy to get rid of
    Look I do kind of agree with you but....you are essentially talking about replacing some squad players here. Sure Xhaka starts but I don't think he will be first choice this time next year if we start to freshen up the Midfield, i mean he is pretty much being shoe-horned into the team at the moment.

I do agree with you on our recruitment, it has been good...but we have made a few unnecessary purchases IMO, good players they are, the team has immediate needs that for one reason or another have been ignored.

I do kind of see what Arteta is doing here though, we are essentially developing into a "Man City lite" in terms of playing style. We move the ball around really well at times and are basically dominating most games. Progress is being made, we look a level above last season IMO, but this team does still have flaws and it's young and naive, as is Arteta.
    Last edited by selassie; 04-09-2022 at 08:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    They could justify the outlay out wide given the abject paucity of senior options in that position. That's just not the case for Partey's actual fuckin position

WTF?

There is nothing wrong with our wide options compared to Midfield! You have admitted we only have one decent Central Midfielder at the club and he is a complete crock!

Spend on wide players when you have fixed Central Midfield!!!