Page 41 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Shit and Everything Else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Now who's getting upset?

Your post to him was patronising and given you're often complaining about things in what you write, to accuse someone else of being whiny is hypocritical in the extreme
    Again it’s not about complaining it’s directly about addressing the idea that these transfers are causing him stress. I can tell someone I don’t understand their complaints or don’t agree with them but I’m not telling anyone not to complain…I’m suggesting what someone should do if they are getting that wound up by a transfer saga.

It’s not patronising to say to someone who is so emotionally invested in something that in the grand scheme of things doesn’t really matter all that much, to “touch grass”.

And in fact the irony is, you’re telling me to not close down people expressing themselves and that’s exactly what you’re doing here. But in fairness that’s keeping with your personality in general.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And why would I be getting upset? If I didn’t enjoy arguing with people I wouldn’t respond to you, it wouldn’t be worth my while. It’s why I don’t debate with NQ it would be an utter waste of time.

But I wouldn’t mistake that for getting upset, I’m pointing out the ridiculousness of what you’re saying

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    that’s keeping with your personality in general.
    so here we get a sweeping statement which has no bearing on reality - where do i close people down? i agree,disagree, or add to what people say but it's only when i think someone else is being overbearing that i might just point it out

I didn't read any upsetness in what he posted, just giving a view that he doesn't trust the 'process', neither do I and neither do you

So my question is, why is it - as I'm sure you would argue - thoughtful criticism when you do say thigns like that, but it's 'whining' when someone else does?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so here we get a sweeping statement which has no bearing on reality - where do i close people down? i agree,disagree, or add to what people say but it's only when i think someone else is being overbearing that i might just point it out

I didn't read any upsetness in what he posted, just giving a view that he doesn't trust the 'process', neither do I and neither do you

So my question is, why is it - as I'm sure you would argue - thoughtful criticism when you do say thigns like that, but it's 'whining' when someone else does?

I’ve just pointed out exactly where you’ve done that

If someone wants to call what I have to say whiny bollocks they are free to do so, I don’t get precious about it. In my view complaining about clubs feeling disrespected by how we break down our transfer offers is whiny bollocks. Because it’s not like these add ons and instalments are likely any different from what we offer clubs in successful transfer negotiations but we don’t get to hear about it….case in point with Donkey Boy it’s a deal worth 65 million.

And as I’ve said the whole touching grass thing was in response to the fact that he stated he found the drama stressful. As I say there’s a clear difference between complaining as part of making an argument and complaining about how it’s affecting your mental health.

And to your point where if I complain it’s thoughtful and when other people do it it’s querulous, well of course…I’m going to think my argument well reasoned and one’s I disagree with petulant ranting. I never once claimed to be impartial

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    Its funny, but something tells me we'll sail this one through (player power will undoubtedly help here)....I'm just whinging because I detest drama and the fact that we obviously haven't learnt any lessons at all.
    Case in point this was what I was responding to.

I detest Drama

Well great….it’s only Drama if you respond dramatically to it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyway I’ve got work to do, so to summarise it comes down to you disagreeing with how you think I took a post…and ironically trying to police my posting whilst arguing that’s what I’m doing.

And as I’ve stated if you go through the current btw or other non Arsenal threads there are replete examples of you doing this, but I suspect you aren’t even aware of it.

And only now has it dripped into the Arsenal side of things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And to your point where if I complain it’s thoughtful and when other people do it it’s querulous, well of course…I’m going to think my argument well reasoned and one’s I disagree with petulant ranting. I never once claimed to be impartial
    why do you have to classify another POV as 'petulant ranting', can't it just be a 'different opinion' or something less emotionally charged?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why do you have to classify another POV as 'petulant ranting', can't it just be a 'different opinion' or something less emotionally charged?

I think you’ve proved my point, you started out by saying this is a place where people come and post maybe you should let people post. And you’re now saying why are you posting this?

I’m calling it how I see it, I think a lot of these arguments about how we conduct transfer negotiations are querulous. Ultimately it boils down to getting upset (or frustrated if upset is a trigger word for you) because we aren’t getting things done quicker.

People are free to express their frustration just as I’m free to call it how I view it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you’ve proved my point, you started out by saying this is a place where people come and post maybe you should let people post. And you’re now saying why are you posting this?
    I think you're misreading my questions as instructions - you can obviously post what you like (as long as the mods don't see harm in it) I'm just asking about why you use terms which on the surface of it are derogatory to the other poster, when you could just as easily say the same things in a different way - it's called a civilised conversation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you're misreading my questions as instructions - you can obviously post what you like (as long as the mods don't see harm in it) I'm just asking about why you use terms which on the surface of it are derogatory to the other poster, when you could just as easily say the same things in a different way - it's called a civilised conversation
    No I’m using your logic against you

If me suggesting someone touch grass to avoid the stress of transfer drama is trying to police someone’s posting, then what you’re doing is exactly that.