User Tag List

Page 41 of 180 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer targets in January

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam Persie View Post
    I think it's fair to say that Walcott has piped up a bit more this year. Most of it is positive stuff, team oriented stuff, but sometimes it just sounds a bit too much. He wants to play up front, he's now a 'big man' and won't be in awe of Henry, he's come of age, etc. He's done better this year on the pitch but he's still a long way from being someone who you'd see as being a necessary player on this team. I agree that until we start seeing more top notch performances from him, not just the occassional flash, he'd be better to keep his facehole shut.
    Fair points...but Cashley Cole? It's just the wrong comparison. And coming from a guy that has never liked Walcott. As for the book, hotline and all that other garbage...why are people paying attention to the side line stuff? Who cares?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal have joined Manchester City in attempting to sign playmaker Adam Maher from AZ Alkmaar, according to The Times.

The 18-year-old has appeared in every Eredivisie game so far this season after making his debut last season, and is now a key player for the club featuring in either a central or attacking midfield role.

His importance to AZ is reflected in his contract which runs until June 2015, and as the club do not need to sell players going into the transfer window, he will not be allowed to leave cheaply.

The report claims he has already turned down an offer from Manchester City, and in any case the youngster would struggle for game time at either Premier League side. He may therefore be set to stay with his first club for a while as he hopes to continue his progress.

Alkmaar appear to have much to offer him in the near future, sitting top of the Eredivisie halfway through the season and still in the Europa League.
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...ing-to-sign-az

Who?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the key things Theo had working in his favour over the past few years has been his attitude and demeanour. Even that is going now. He has had setbacks because of injury, but I feel the Club have dealt with this patiently and so have the fans. Walcott has been given every opportunity but for the vast majority of the time, he has failed to deliver. If there is truth in the RUMOUR over wages, I would be happy for the Club to cut him loose.

His hype may suggest high wages are appropriate, his delivery suggests otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe that contract story for a second. And I also don't think his comments about Henry's shirt number were supposed to be taken seriously. I think this because Theo wouldn't have the balls to start a confrontation with anyone. I suspect if the club offered him £80k, he'd give £20k back. The fucking pussy. He has to stop shitting himself in front of goal. 2 league goals all season is absolutely pathetic for a wide forward. He hasn't lacked the chances either. He got 13 goals in around 20 starts last season. He can finish but he is too much into the wanting zone.™ He must observe the waiting period before entering the opportunity zone before ending with the finishing zone. Fuck him. He doesn't deserve to start. If Wenger doesn't start Oxlade today I'm going to throw my toys out the pram. And you wouldn't want to see that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have wanted and still want Theo to do well and preferably for us but his occassional flashes of brilliance are too far and between to warrant a place in the first 11 every week. . .I know that there are a lot of you who hate Gervs but I think at least he takes the ball and tries to beat his man with it. . .something Theo cannot do!

I would say that Wenger go out and get someone like Hazard and say to Theo you had your chance and if you want another then this is the guy you need to take the job off. . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Fair points...but Cashley Cole? It's just the wrong comparison. And coming from a guy that has never liked Walcott. As for the book, hotline and all that other garbage...why are people paying attention to the side line stuff? Who cares?
    Well yes, that's true. Walcott will need turboboosters to reach the stratospheric heights of cuntnosity that Cashley inhabits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Japan Shaking All Over View Post
    I would say that Wenger go out and get someone like Hazard
    Why? So he can run the show for a couple of seasons and then fuck off to Real Madrid/Barcelona leaving us to re-build again?

Fuck that.

We must observe the English revolution. Wilshere, Oxlade are our Hazards, Gotzes. Time they manned up and got themselves on the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntos Claus View Post
    Why? So he can run the show for a couple of seasons and then fuck off to Real Madrid/Barcelona leaving us to re-build again?

Fuck that.

We must observe the English revolution. Wilshere, Oxlade are our Hazards, Gotzes. Time they manned up and got themselves on the pitch.
    I like to see more of Sanchez Watt. Last time I saw him, he doesnt look like a kid anymore. Very well build, got speed and good on the ball. If there is one player from our academy that has natural talent to play as a wide forward, it has to be him IMO.
    somebody put something in my milk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntos Claus View Post

Fuck that.

Point taken. . .but my point is about Theo and the way that he seems to think the efforts he has shown thus far are enough for him to have the door opened for him. . . .he needs to come back down to earth. . .being good at complaining to the ref doesnt justify publishing your life story. . .

TBH I would love for it to be a GHEL that forces Theo to think more about how he makes a living and Oxo was the name I was thinking before writing Hazards but I dont think we have seen enough of Oxo yet for Theo to still not think his name should be pencilled in. An established name of promise may do that. . .alrhough I very much doubt that will happen. . .there is an argument that if we started winning again that players would not fuck off and I do think that apart from our ability to match wages that we are a more attractive option in England to say Chelsea? !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a feeling I might get crucified for my last statement. . .but who cares , gonna stick by it. . .in a particularly MOCish™ mood tonight!