User Tag List

Page 44 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Postecoglou the Muppet & other Spuds sh!t.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats not a good thing

AVB is quality and he'll be given time there which he was never going to get at Chelsea.

Roman wanted him to take out the old guard and still be successful in one season which was never going to happen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the general feeling that AVB signing for Sp*rs would be a major coup for them.

He seems like a really good manager, got Chelsea moving in the right direction 'til the shameful Mutiny at the Bridge. I don't think he'll have problems of that sort again at WHL.
    Formerly TMOKJ

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im not sure where this supposition that avb will get time at spurs has come from. they've just sacked a manager who got them to 4th, 5th and 4th for the past 3 consecutive seasons. that doesn't tell me they are patient at all. the bare minimum of their expectations next season will be to break into the top 4 again, and levy has made no secret of the fact that he wants top 3 and thinks they should have got it this season. subsequently there will be huge pressure on avb to make sure they cement top 3 next season; if he gets to xmas time and spurs are 6th, arent looking like they'll finish 4th and there's dressing room unrest, you can bet your house on him getting sacked. levy is ruthless. he wont be getting more than a few months to get it right.

imo there's almost as much pressure on him at spurs as there was at chelsea. albeit he may not have a dressing room working against him from the off - like he had with the old guard at chelsea - but he still has an ageing team that needs to be revitalised at spurs. he also has players wanting out this summer which he'll have to deal with, and he's already proven he's not exactly the best man manager to deal with those situations, hasn't he?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Redknapp was sacked for flirting with the England job and thinking he was all that and a bag of chips, don't think it was missing out on the chumps league. Also the tax thing doesn't reflect well upon the club and his entire staff are ****s which doesn't help either.

Spurs are a very disliked entity and having Clive Allen and Tim Sherwood on your staff is only going to make that worse

I think AVB will be a great manager for them, if they give him time he could well be pushing us for 4th again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spurs need a new manager?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimandi's Perm View Post
    Spurs need a new manager?

I agree I don't think redknapp was sacked just for no CL football. That would be as well y'know little bit harsh. Levy probably anticipated some confrontation ahead as modric, adebayor and maybe others will be leaving and redknapp would've asked for a gazillion in transfer funds to pull off his championship manager signings.

That said they've done well to hold on to bale. Then again, he is British. AVB could be good but he still seems very naive tactically. The way we ripped them apart at SB was ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltord's Winner View Post
    im not sure where this supposition that avb will get time at spurs has come from. they've just sacked a manager who got them to 4th, 5th and 4th for the past 3 consecutive seasons. that doesn't tell me they are patient at all. the bare minimum of their expectations next season will be to break into the top 4 again, and levy has made no secret of the fact that he wants top 3 and thinks they should have got it this season. subsequently there will be huge pressure on avb to make sure they cement top 3 next season; if he gets to xmas time and spurs are 6th, arent looking like they'll finish 4th and there's dressing room unrest, you can bet your house on him getting sacked. levy is ruthless. he wont be getting more than a few months to get it right.

imo there's almost as much pressure on him at spurs as there was at chelsea. albeit he may not have a dressing room working against him from the off - like he had with the old guard at chelsea - but he still has an ageing team that needs to be revitalised at spurs. he also has players wanting out this summer which he'll have to deal with, and he's already proven he's not exactly the best man manager to deal with those situations, hasn't he?
    Right. Avb has indeed not shown that he can control the dressing room. And as at Chavs, he will be under an interfering leader. I think the interfering leader issue is why Redknapp was sacked. A conflict with the leader was inevitable as 'arry will (quite rightly) not accept the guy at the top telling him how to run the team. Avb is not the man for the job at spuds, so I hope he gets it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its a big risk for them. Winning the Portugese league is very different to winning the EPL. The reason Redknapp did well at Spurs is that he is a good man motivator - something that AVB singularly failed to do at Chelsea. He might work, but I'd be quite worried if he was replacing AW.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Berg Kamping View Post
    I think its a big risk for them. Winning the Portugese league is very different to winning the EPL. The reason Redknapp did well at Spurs is that he is a good man motivator - something that AVB singularly failed to do at Chelsea. He might work, but I'd be quite worried if he was replacing AW.
    Who Redknapp?

Would not want AVB (or Redknapp!) at the Arsenal either. The job needs someone with a strong character and he definitely does not have that.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent weeks trying to justify AVB over Martinez for Liverpool so I can't really bash him if he takes over at Spurs.

I hope he fails horribly though, obviously.