User Tag List

Page 45 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Postecoglou the Muppet & other Spuds sh!t.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    Right. Avb has indeed not shown that he can control the dressing room. And as at Chavs, he will be under an interfering leader. I think the interfering leader issue is why Redknapp was sacked. A conflict with the leader was inevitable as 'arry will (quite rightly) not accept the guy at the top telling him how to run the team. Avb is not the man for the job at spuds, so I hope he gets it.
    aye, we go on about the dressing room being against him but at the end of the day, avb decided to deal with it in a ruthless and somewhat ferocious manner so most of it is his own fault. he dug his own grave. he could have dealt with the senior players much better, especially when they clearly still had something to give; lamps, ashley, bosingwa and even kalou played well following his departure so his judgement on those players were completely wrong. he dropped ashley cole away to napoli which was a crucial match, i mean wtf was he thinking?! the guy is still the best left back in the world. absolute madness.

furthermore, at spurs they had a good man manager who the players absolutely loved. fast forward a month and they have someone who was very disliked by the chelsea dressing room. if avb thinks he'll walk into the spurs dressing room and have them all on his side then he needs to think again, its only natural to have reservations about his personna after what happened at the bridge. players text, call and go out for drinks together, most of them are even cousins, so they'd have exchanged plenty of views on avb already. the players stopped playing for harry, a manager they absolutely adored and was liked by pretty much everyone, so what makes people think they'll play for avb? they wont, and if spurs miss out on champions league next season again there will be a mass walkout next summer... cant wait to see how avb deals with that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AVB is the first man to get two seperate muppet threads.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    Right. Avb has indeed not shown that he can control the dressing room. And as at Chavs, he will be under an interfering leader. I think the interfering leader issue is why Redknapp was sacked. A conflict with the leader was inevitable as 'arry will (quite rightly) not accept the guy at the top telling him how to run the team. Avb is not the man for the job at spuds, so I hope he gets it.
    He couldn't control a dressing room full of prima-donnas who actively undermined him. I'm not sure he'll have that problem at Spurs. He will have the interfering leader though. I'm hardly quaking in my boots at the thought of him managing Spurs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sigurdsson to the spuds confirmed.

Looked pretty good last season.

Liverpool

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    Sigurdsson to the spuds confirmed.

Looked pretty good last season.

Liverpool
    The doom mongering over this has been extraordinary.

On another note, how much did you get for the Highbury flats?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely no idea - I never keep in touch with Arsenal finance stuff.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was £200 million or something I thought. It was a lot of money, put it that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have signed Vertonghen at last. Sounds like he'll be a good signing. Immaculate hair, to be fair.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they're improving their defence which is a worry because it was the one area that messed their season up. i know we say that spurs aren't a threat because we finish above them year on year but the gap is getting closer; they're improving their squad this summer whilst ours is weakening. eventually it'll catch up with us and they'll take over us. with city, united, chelsea and spurs strengthening, i fear for next season.