User Tag List

Page 481 of 483 FirstFirst ... 381431471479480481482483 LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,810 of 4830

Thread: The Wish They Were All Dead Tory Cunt Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So they want to scrap the winter fuel allowance cos the're no money at the same time commit to £3bn/year for Ukraine in perpetuity and £11bn for foreign climate aid (whatever the hell that means) make it make sense.

I'm all for cutting benefits but not the WFA and not when we still spaffing money overseas for nonsense. Charity starts at home.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    Control.
    Yes yes, like the Covid restrictions were all about control - that's why they're not going to be lifted.
    What do you mean they were?

How many times do have to be wrong about stuff like this before you stop and consider that "they" aren't trying to control or oppress you. At worst they don't care about you and are mostly trying to feather their own nests. Mostly though they are trying to make the country better, they just don't know how to and I agree with HCZ, things like this are pointless gestures.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    So they want to scrap the winter fuel allowance.
    Incorrect. What they are proposing is making it means tested. I have mixed views about this. There are a lot of very well off pensioners out there who benefitted from cheap property prices back in the day and really don't need handouts. And question for you. If "they" are so malevolent, why do we get state pensions and winter fuel payments in the first place?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ten people in a room.

Ten bags of flour. Ten bags of sugar. Ten pots of salt. Ten packs of yeast.

Ten people bake a loaf.

How many people will eat?

Twenty people in a room.

Ten bags of flour. Ten bags of sugar. Ten pots of salt. Ten packs of yeast.

Ten people bake a loaf.

How many people will eat?

Now what if one person draws a gun and says the ten who didn't bake get to eat?

I guess that would make the ten hungry people "far-right"?

You people think you are going to get away with this. But you won't. Crack your history books open and see what happens.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I didn't think so. No BBC source for that one, right? Hell, you'd have to use your own mind and what would be the point of that?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10 people queue, waiting for an elevator. Signs says, Max 10 people. We all know they really mean, shit, this fucking thing could take 30, but let's be safe with 10. Fair deal.

Elevator arrives, 10 people get in, job done.

20 people queue, waiting for an elevator. Signs says, Max 10 people. We all know they really mean, shit, this fucking thing could take 30, but let's be safe with 20. Fair deal.

Elevator arrives, 20 people get in, no harm done. But, over time, if this shit keeps happening the motors, gears and levers and pulleys will all wear out faster due to the excess strain. The elevator will crank and groan, and maybe jolt when it moves. Ah fuck, we can live with it.

30 people queue, waiting for an elevator. Signs says, Max 10 people. We all know they really mean, shit, this fucking thing could take 30, but let's not push it.
    Elevator arrives, 30 people squeeze in, tensions rise, did you touch my tits?

Now the elevator is going to wear out fast and eventually stop working entirely. It's just a matter of time. Then everyone will have to use the stairs. Which is a shame, because in an advanced nation we used to have elevators. But hell, if the third world is all we have then let's do third world.

40 people queue, waiting for an elevator. Signs says, No Far-Right. The non-far-right get in, all 30 of them, and remark, "Those cunts can use the stairs."
    Last edited by Niall_Quinn; 01-09-2024 at 06:48 PM.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you one of the people who has been evicted from their rented accommodation so Serco can pay the landlord, with taxpayer funding, a bigger rent? So migrants can get a free roof over their heads? Nice for the freeloaders, tough for the evicted in this climate. But hell, at least we can virtue signal.

Oh, you aren't one of the evictees? Go back to sleep then. I'll wake you up when it's your turn.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://x.com/bbcnewsnight/status/18...k_DvSqUkaQFrjw

The BBC really does itself no favours here, that Muslims are becoming monolithic sectarian voting blocs is clearly an issue for concern and that this identity is being exploited by the Islamist filth that now occupies the commons, is not remotely controversial.

“Oh but they were just candidates that won because of their objection to the Israel-Gaza conflict”

So if it’s just about lefty politics, they would have been able to win in any area that doesn’t have a plurality of south Asian Muslims within it? And the fact that the seats they won just happened to that demographic is just a coincidence. Or maybe we should look at why they are so animated by this particular conflict when far more Muslims have been murdered, tortured and left destitute in other wars including by other Muslims. It wouldn’t have anything to do with it being at the hands of Jews, where your religion teaches you even if you were born in the heart of darkness and have never seen a Jew, that they are apes or pigs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c04903zr2neo

I actually don't have a big problem with this. There are plenty of millionaire pensioners who really don't need this handout. Having stuff like this means tested absolutely makes sense.
    Where exactly the line should be...I guess that's the debate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c04903zr2neo

I actually don't have a big problem with this. There are plenty of millionaire pensioners who really don't need this handout. Having stuff like this means tested absolutely makes sense.
    Where exactly the line should be...I guess that's the debate.
    The main reason these kind of benefits are universal to begin with, is because of the time and resources it would take to means test people. My father who deferred his pension (his wife, my mother died when he was 65…so didn’t have any great incentive to retire then) and always worried that he would struggle in retirement, is now in a situation where of the winter fuel payments he says “I never really needed them”. He is not fabulously wealthy either.

Frankly though in principle, I’m up for means testing free prescriptions and bus passes too, though with the former you have to keep in mind that it’s more likely that over a certain age you’re more likely to be on a medication that you will need to take for life, which in of itself is an automatic exemption from payment.

I was never in favour of the prescription charge being scrapped, because a) if you’re unemployed you’re also exempt b) it brings in a lot of money for the health service that it wouldn’t otherwise have.